IX

Chapter Nine: Memories of the Weak

Gojo-sensei explained everything to you; how you had this incredible innate Cursed Technique and how you had the potential to surpass even him.

You were shocked and surprised by the revelation but that did not change how hurt you were. The news to you felt underwhelming compared to the series of unfortunate events that had happened prior to this.

Not only did you feel grief for your best friend's death, you also felt a sense of betrayal from Satoru and a feeling that maybe you were a mistake.

After Gojo-sensei had left you to rest, you felt that you had lost some respect for him. You held him in high regard, but because of this, because of how he had failed to keep his promise and how he made you feel more hurt, you respected him less.

It was hard to explain because the way his words hurt you were implicit. Maybe under normal circumstances you wouldn't have felt this hurt but because of what had just happened prior to him explaining the situation, his words stung.

—------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You laid in the sickbay of your school as you silently mourned the loss of your best friend. Your tears were silent as they gently rolled down your face. Crying all your pain out was the only way for you to feel better. Tears and time were the only way for you to heal, you knew that life would not be the same anymore without Yuuji.

It was quiet, only the sound of the air conditioning could be heard. You laid silently, staring at the dark air above you. Finding it hard to fall asleep you only stared into the nothingness that the darkness provided.

Flipping onto your side, you closed your eyes only for you to open them again at the sound of the door of the sickbay opening. You remained on your side, hearing the soft ruffles of clothes and gentle footsteps nearing you. The person that approached your sleeping figure then quietly pulled a chair to your bedside and took a seat.

You could tell that they were observing you but you did not turn; not with your puffy eyes and red nose. Although your cries had ceased for over an hour already, your eyes were still puffy and swollen, you did not want anyone seeing you in such a state.

The person who was silently observing you then let out a sigh before leaning in and pulling your blanket closer to you, covering you properly before gently patting your head. Your eyes widened at the person's actions as you fought back the urge to turn around to face whoever they were.

Hearing their receding footsteps you slowly turned around and laid on your back again, glancing at the door, secretly hoping that they'd return and you'd get to see their face.

Their touch was gentle yet familiar, you didn't know how to explain it but you just knew you felt this person's touch before, you just didn't know who this person was.

You then sat up and pushed your blanket away before placing your feet on the cold ground. Taking silent steps towards the door, you twisted the door knob and peeked out to the corridor, but alas, it was empty.

There was no soul to be seen, leaving you completely clueless as to who that mysterious, yet familiar, person was.

It was hard to fall asleep when you returned to bed but at last, you fell asleep at around 4am in the morning. But in that short sleep that you got, you received memories that came in the form of dreams, making tears seep through your closed eyes and roll down your delicate face.

—------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's your name? I'm Itadori Yuuji!"