Chapter VI: Delirious

(ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴛɪʀᴇᴛʏ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜɪꜱ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɪꜱ ꜰʀᴏᴍ ᴛɪᴍᴀᴇᴜꜱ' ᴘᴏᴠ)________________________________

He had a feeling it would happen sooner or later. Many people were jealous of Sucrose as Albedo's right-hand woman. She was quiet lucky to be so highly regarded, but someday that luck would fade.

Timaeus peered down at the body in the snow. He identified it as Sucrose after one glance, no one in their right mind would come up here without any business. Furthermore, a Favonius alchemist outfit wasn't easy to come by.

The brunet squatted next to her. It was evident she had died of her injuries. Blood spilled out across the snow tainting it red.

Poor soul. So innocent...

As much as Timaeus detested Sucrose, he had never wanted this to happen to her. Who in their right mind could bring themselves to kill her, no matter how angry they were? She was so sweet and caring beneath that know-it-all complex.

His hand happened to graze against the bloody snow, and to his shock it was warm. This happened recently!!?!

The boy was ready to run to safety, but he happened to notice Sucrose's gloved hand twitch.

She's.... alive?

Her eyes fluttered open and she squinted at Timaeus

Her eyes fluttered open and she squinted at Timaeus. "Has Y/N gone?"

Why would she bring her up here? "I suppose so, she's not here right now..."

Sucrose sighed in relief. "Thank the seven. I was worried Albedo would find her."

"A-Albedo!? Why? What happened?"

The girl laughed lightly. "I forgot how highly you admire him. Well, he's gone psycho, and if you don't believe me look what he did."

With agonizing effort she sat up, gesturing to her bleeding side. "A few more minutes and I'll be a goner."

Timaeus scooped her up in his arms. "No, I won't let that happen. Mondstadt can't afford to lose their only sane alchemist."

Deep down, he found it hard to believe her. Maybe it was just her clouded mind from her injuries. Sure, there was talk Albedo had access to forbidden knowledge, but he was intelligent. Surely he could tell from right and wrong?

Sucrose seemed to read his thoughts. "Have you ever been in love, Timaeus?"

The boy continued to canter down the mountain, ignoring her question. Nonetheless, she continued, her eyes lidded from exhaustion.

"Love is a feeling still greatly unexplored. Many have felt its pull, whether it be excessive perspiration around someone or a jump in a heartbeat. Love brings about many different chemicals, like dopamine and phenethylamine. From an alchemical standpoint, one would view love as its own drug."

"So... where are you going with this?" Timaeus asked, his foot narrowly missing a fallen branch. The sun was beginning to set, subtly making their surroundings harder and harder to see.

The greenette cleared her throat and licked her lips. Her usual perpetual blush dusted across her face was gone, with it her admiration for her superior.

"Mr. Albedo is experiencing something he's never felt before. However he feels towards Y/N, the way he's expressing it is not love, it's deranged infatuation. I would personally diagnose him with obsessive love disorder, bipolar disorder, and general unstable brain activity."

Sucrose's babbles were halted as she went into a coughing fit. Blood ran down the corner of her mouth, but she wiped it away before it was noticed.

Timaeus successfully made it down the steep mountain before nightfall. The moon illuminated the dark foliage as he made his way to Mondstadt.

The city was familiar to them both, the warm lights in the streets almost beckoning them to enter. Cold and hungry, Timaeus was ready for a nice hot meal, but he knew the wounded alchemist he carried should be his top priority.

He ran into the town hollering at the top of his lungs. "Somebody get a medic! It's Sucrose, she's severely injured! She needs medical attention!"

Most civilians, taking him for a lunatic, shut their doors tight, goggling at him through their windows.

"SOMEBODY! ANYBODY!?!"

"There there, we'll take care of her," a calming voice spoke. Timaeus wheeled around, finding Mondstadt's acclaimed healer standing behind him. True to what the people say, the mere sight of her calmed him.

Barbara Pegg beckoned for him to follow her. Dashing through the winding alleys of Mond, Timaeus found it difficult to keep up with Sucrose's added weight. However, the boy was determined to save her.

At last the two arrived at the church. Timaeus entered timidly, laying the greenette down on one of the beds. Barbara pressed two fingers to Sucrose's neck.

"It's feeble, but her pulse is stable. Sister Rosaria, bring me some soup!"

The healer turned to the boy who had brought her. "What kind of monster... what did this to her?"

Timaeus thought out his answer carefully. He didn't believe Sucrose, not one bit. Even if she was telling the truth-no, there's no way. Albedo. Wouldn't. Do. That. End of story.

"I think she may have been ambushed by a hilichurl."

Barbara eyed him skeptically. "She doesn't bear the marks of a usual hilichurl attack."

"Yes, well, I tried to get a clear answer from her, but she was too delirious."