TRUST!

I stood there still! Slowly absorbing the information showered on me. Angel... Shiver... Devil! Those words revolving in my mind. What was I hoping for when I questioned him? Why did even I pull such a stunt? It was far better unasked, unquestioned. At least I could have some deep underlying hope within me that he was innocent. I could no longer hope it. The truth was before me! The culprit had confessed on his own. He was the devil, and the devil is known to be evil.

My eyes wandered to the room before me. The enormous portrait, a man having such pride over his son. Why would someone hate such a father? He seemed so overjoyed with the existence of his son. I stamped my foot in annoyance. I had no clue about his life, no idea about him, yet I wanted to trust him. Why was my heart behaving insanely? How could I act so foolish? I had trusted myself when it was about the company I choose. People like Ehaan were never on my list. I could sense the worry in my mom's eyes when she glimpsed Ehaan dragging me in the hallway.

Mom! She might have informed dad. He might be going insane! Without having a second thought, I grabbed the knob and walked out of the room. I was gifted with a huge corridor in front of me. Where on the earth was I? Damn! Why hadn't I concentrated on the path while Ehaan dragged me? How on the earth was I to reach the party venue? I strolled my eyes from one corner to another, hoping for any clue.

Some staff were roaming around, eyeing me. I took a deep breath before preparing myself to ask for help. One of the waiters with the same uniform was walking towards a room before me.

"Excuse me!" I called him out. He pressed one of his fake smiles offered to the guest. "How can I walk back to the reception of the..." Before I could complete my statement a voice spoke in between.

"I will help you with it." The voice uttered, forcing my eyes towards the source. There stood a woman much in her senior years yet looking presentably young. She had taken serious afford in looking presentable. From dying the hairs to removing the slightly visible wrinkles yet she seemed much bigger in age. Her fake, dangerous smile was plastered with red lipstick. Those stern hazel orbs made her seem familiar. I observed her keenly but nothing reached my brain.

I pressed a smile, taking a step towards her. She hadn't moved from her spot indicating she was waiting for me. With a heavy, nervous step I stood in front of her. We had taken a few steps in the corridor when her deep, authoritative voice again got in my ears. Her aura indicated danger and I was praying for an escape route.

"Seems like Ehaan holds you very dear or he won't allow anyone in his room." She spoke without sparing a glance at me, her eyes straight so were her posture. Her whole personality defined perfection, not a thing over the place. Everything prescribed!

I stood quiet not knowing what to respond with. Though he had confessed his growing feeling yet I wanted to overlook it. I couldn't allow myself to believe him. She frowned, her eyes shifting on me for a second before landing on their original position. "I was correct on your first impression." She muttered but loud enough for it to get in my ears. "Ehaan has to achieve much in his life. He is going to be the owner of Kashyap enterprises..." She shook her head as if she was least interested in making the conversation with me. I was quietly descending the stairs along with her. "I would be pleased if he built a company with like-minded people." She stopped in her track, facing me directly. "You better stay out of my son's path or it won't end up good for you." With those words, she walked.

I kept staring at her retreating figure. What was it with son and mother? Walking out of the ongoing conversation. Leaving a stunned person behind. Wait! She was Ehaan's mother... the reason Ehaan was pissed with my name. We both share a familiar name, she was Ruhi Kashyap! What more was waiting for me? I had no energy left.