forty three.

Flora

"There's going to be bunch of photographers on the way out" Harry says as we leave the awards for the after party, weaving our way through the sea of actors, actresses, models, singers and their various entourages, I think I nearly tripped over Candice Swanepoel's elaborate hem of her dress but I didn't get long enough to look.

"Oh.." I say, a little overwhelmed - and sweaty, I'm sure my make-up is dripping down my face.

"Just stay by my side yeah, I'll hold onto you, just look in the direction of where they're shouting and smile" He says.

"Okay.. I mumble" as security guards usher us towards the door and onto the red exit carpet.

"Show me your smile, don't look so nervous, paps smell fear" He nudges me - THEY SMELL FEAR?! But I smile nervously at him anyway. He sure knows what he's doing.

The red carpet is over quickly.. I just stayed glued to Harry, and tried to avoid any very unflattering angles, after all, I don't photograph like Gigi Hadid or Kendall Jenner. A few people shout at him asking if I'm his girlfriend, to which he ignores and flashes them his perfectly straight teeth, his grip on my hip tighter. I feel like shouting back that even I'm not sure.

The driver pulls away and heads towards the after party, I'm still a little out of breath and overwhelmed from the red carpet.

"Are we okay?" Harry looks at me mockingly, sure it's funny to him. I nod with a helpless laugh, reapplying my lipstick, there's an iced champagne bucket in between us. Bloody standard for Harry I suppose. He pours me one and I gulp it gratefully, welcoming the cool and the alcohol.

"Thanks" I say, as he refills my glass with a smirk.

"The scary part is over now, after parties are fun" He says. I look at him skeptically, I'm not sure how I could let my hair down around A-Listers. As we enter the party lobby I hand my jacket to the concierge and he hands me another glass of Champagne. Harry is on the phone, frowning intently, his forehead creasing.

"It's fine... I guess I'll have to be there won't I, because as always someone is fucking their job" He says aggressively, hanging up.

"Ugh, Fucking Idiots, can't get the staff" He mumbles under his breath. I bite my lip and he looks up as if he's forgotten I was there.

"Oh! I have to go.. someone in printing has fucked up the designs and they need me to show them how I want them so they're done in time, like what else are you fucking doing all day" He says angrily, his fists balled a little, gaze intense, even I feel a little intimidated. Bet he won't be pinning Michael from printing on the bed and spanking him.

"Oh.. Erm okay I'll get my jacket then" I say, almost relieved.

"What? No, no, baby you stay here. You're representing the brand tonight, and you look way to beautiful to be sitting at home" I blush and forget what he said as he starts saying goodbye.

"Without you?!" I say as he pulls me to him, kissing each of my cheeks to keep up appearances and pinching my bum quickly.

"Yes without me! There'll be taxi's all night outside so just hop in one when you're ready to leave. Go find Ed Sheeran, he'll take care of you if you tell him you're with me" My mouth drops open as he says that casually. OH I'LL JUST FIND ED SHALL I HARRY YEAH NO BIGGIE. But I stay silent as he gives me one last look.

"Don't let any one put their hands on you" He says deeply in my ear, kissing the dip below it gently before leaving down the steps and back into an SUV. I stand still for a few seconds, he just fucking left me here?!

"Erm, miss, you should go into the party, you'll get to cold standing here by the door" The concierge addresses me, making me jump.

"Oh, of course yeah, thanks" I nod, heading into the after party, it's dark with a purple tinged light and full to the brim with gorgeous people in red carpet dress. I swear I just saw Angelina Jolie...

I go straight to the bar.

"I need a double vodka and coke" I say to the guy at the bar, sitting on a stool and pulling out my phone to a text from Luke.

'Miss you, we have a gig next week, you gotta come' then another saying 'Calum fancies u'

I roll my eyes with a small smile, I miss Luke and his friend's garage where they practice, sitting with him and drinking cider from the can and talking about whatever weird stuff him and the band have gotten upto. The bar man places my drink in front of me and I hand him my card.

"Um, this is a free bar?" He frowns comically with a laugh, handing my card back. Sure, of course it's a free bar. I blush and take a huge gulp of my drink to hide my embarrassment.