Chapter 53

Author's POV

The loud noise of the alarm made Seoyeon squirm as she began to get back to her senses. It's Monday, meaning she has to go to work until Friday. Yawning sleepily, she tapped the side table as she tries to reach for her phone with her eyes still closed. When she finally got a grasp of her phone, she forced her eyes to open and blinked until her sight became clear. She turned off the alarm and swiped the screen, only to see Namjoon's name on the top of her notifications. She then pressed it and tried to wake herself, just to understand his messages.

[Mr. Kim:
Good morning, Seoyeon. Rise and shine! How's your sleep?]

[Mr. Kim:
I fell asleep while thinking of you, then I woke up thinking of you too. I bet you're still trying to comprehend this message because your mind is still half asleep while reading this.]

[Mr. Kim:
I'll pick you up at 7 am. Is that alright or you want later than that?]

"Goodness, Namjoon. It's so early to be this sweet." She mumbled in amusement with her hoarse morning voice.

[Me:
Good morning, Mr. Kim! I slept well. I just woke up to be honest, and it feels weird to wake up with your sweet messages. I must admit, I was thinking of you too before I fell asleep last night. Don't get your head up high in the clouds though. And 7 am sounds nice. Drive safely, okay? See you later!]

And after rereading it twice, she sent it to him. She was about to fall asleep again when her phone buzzed, which made her eyes to open half way through. She lazily checked her screen and saw his reply.

[Mr. Kim:
It felt nice to know you thought of me too. I can't wait to see you, Seoyeon.]

She smiled and turned off her phone before finally deciding to sit down. She glanced at Ara, who is still deep in her sleep, then she stood up and did some light stretching. After that, she went through her closet to get her working clothes prepared. She wanted to wear the cream, puff-sleeved blouse that Namjoon bought for her, and paired it with her black, pencil skirt. When she was done having her bath, Ara was already awake and is still contemplating her existence.

"Good morning, Ara. Did you sleep well?" Seoyeon asked while rubbing her wet hair with the towel.

"I want to throw myself away." She replied, making Seoyeon chuckle.

"I'll buy you a huge dumpster bin if you want." Seoyeon snickered while Ara scoffed laughingly.

"Good morning to you too, Yeonie." Ara finally greeted, "It's weird to see you take a bath first. You usually do it after we had breakfast." Ara commented as she look at Seoyeon curiously.

"I might leave before breakfast, my boss will pick me up later. I'll cook breakfast for you and Eunhye before he arrives." Seoyeon said as she puts her blouse on.

"Just let me make breakfast instead. We don't want your clothes to smell." Ara insisted, "Is the boss who will pick you up also Mr. Kim?" She asked.

"Well, yes. He's the only boss of mine after all." She shrugged and is now tucking her blouse in her skirt.

"That's so kind of him to pick you up himself. Is that normal here?" Ara tilted her head as she watched Seoyeon sit on the stool of her vanity table.

"Actually...." Seoyeon paused and turned the stool around to face Ara, "No, it's not normal here. He'll pick me up this morning as a suitor, but will go back to being my boss once we arrive at the company." She added and it made Ara's jaw to drop.