66 | five hundred yen

SIXTY-SIX. GF-FORHIRE

━━━━┅━━━┅━━━━

━━━━┅━━━┅━━━━

spring inter-middle passed, and soon the seniors were graduating.

as the seniors accepted their certificates, medals and diplomas for the conclusion of their middle school lives, a certain someone was waiting by their building's doors.

"you're enrolling to seijoh?" tachibana asked the captain.

"yup." she nodded. "i don't think i'll be continuing basketball though. playing with pros really let me realize that it's just a hobby for me."

"bummer." tachibana sighed, turning to the vice captain. "what about you?"

"seijoh, and same." the vice captain agreed. "playing against those monsters from kyushu terrified me. if it weren't for futakuchi or seinaru we wouldn't have won the finals."

tachibana nodded with a sigh, "yeah. but i'll continue playing though."

she looked at the classrooms she once called her second home as they passed. "because basketball's fun."

the captain snorted. "it's not fun if you lose."

"i know." tachibana nodded. "so i'm attending a school with a powerhouse team."

"hmm?" the vice captain hummed.

"shiratorizawa." tachibana grinned.

"you actually got in?" the captain blinked in disbelief.

"hey, i'm smarter than you, thank you very much." tachibana snapped her fingers.

they were exiting the doors when a voice stopped them mid-step.

"senpais."

the three froze, looking at the girl in front of them.

twelve year old ymari seinaru.

she looked at tachibana. "bakago-chin."

an irk mark appeared on tachibana's forehead.

she wasn't included in the "senpais" greeting earlier?!

"what is it?" the captain asked.

seinaru looked at her. "i'm here to congratulate you three."

she nodded at them, "congratulations."

the three blinked at her, before bowing in thanks. "thank you."

"is that all, seinaru-san?" the kind vice captain asked.

she shook her head no and looked at the captain, "i'm also here to ask if you can give the captain position to me."

tachibana looked at her in disbelief, "eh?!"