Sword of Gryffindor

Some couple of weeks later it was frost and ice cold outside. Just now Hermione and Bree sat outside by a tree infront of the fire with blankets and books.

Harry spotted the two of them by the tree and went over to them on the small hill.

"Are you feeling better?" Hermione asked him.

"You've outdone yourself this time, Hermione" he said and went to sit by his sister.

"The Forest of Dean. I came here once with Mum and Dad, years ago. It's just how I remember it. The trees, the river, everything. Like nothing's changed" she smiled a bit and then her smile faltered a bit. "Not true of course. Everything's changed. If I brought my parents back here now, they probably wouldn't recognize any of it. Not the trees, not the river.. not even me"

Harry looked away from her and Bree gave her a sad smile and shaked her head before Hermione continued.

"Maybe we should just stay here, Harry e Bree. Grow old".

It grew quiet a few seconds before she spoke up again.

"You wanted to know who the boy in the photograph was. We know" she motioned to herself and Bree.

"Gellert Grindewald"

Hermione gave Harry the book who took it and flipped the pages until he found the very same boy.

"He's the thief I saw in Gregorovitch's Wand shop. Speaking of which, where is my wand?".

Bree grimaced and looked at Hermione who looked guilty.

Harry looked at Bree and saw her looking at Hermione and turned his head to her. "Where's my wand, Hermione?".

She hesitated and then moved over from the blanket she sat on and revealed his wand which was snapped in two.

"As we were leaving Godric's Hollow, I cast a curse and it rebounded. I'm sorry"

"We tried to mend it, but wands are different" Bree said trying to save up a bit so he wouldn't get too mad at Hermione.

"It's done. Leave me yours. Go inside and get warm. I'll take the locket as well" He said while standing up.

"Just take mine, Harry. Our wands are the same-"

"No it's fine. You and I can guard. Hermione can get warm"

Hermione gave him her wand and went back to the tent.

Bree turned to Harry. "You're not mad, are you? We really tried".

"No, you two saved me and I didn't listen to your warnings. It's done".

***

At night time the twins were outside once again and guarding. Harry sat by the same tree and Bree were getting some branches to start a small fire so they could keep warm.

"Trust me".

Harry took out the mirror he got from Sirius from his pocket and looked at it. He dropped it to the ground after he saw some kind of room just when Bree came back with the branches.

A few seconds later Harry noticed a blue light behind Bree which transformed itself to a doe Patronus. "Did you make that?"

"Made what?" She asked confused?

"The Patronus there" he said pointing at it. "Your Patronus is a doe".

She looked at the doe and shaked her head and the both of them slowly stood up and followed it when it walked away.

"What if it's a trap?".

"I don't think that someone dangerous seriously would cast a Patronus in the forest".