CHAPTER SEVENTY FOUR - COOL OFF

Margaret POV

I watched as he took a step and got inside my house. I watched as he acted like he was battling on his own but I didn't care at all. What I feel right now is more important to me.

"I know you already saw the pictures!.."

"Is it true?" I asked before he could finish whatever he wanted to say. I just want to make this fast since I am not liking what I am feeling right now.

"Look babe… it's..!"

"I am asking you. Is it true? Those pictures that circulated on the internet are all of them true?"

"Yes!"

"Then you may leave!" I said as I went to the door and opened it.

"Babe no! Please hear me out! Please hear my explanation first!" He said while holding up both of his hands in the air .

"Please!" He added as he pleaded with me.

"Fine! Go on!" I said

"Last night was what I said to you since I called you right? I am talking to my teammates about me taking a break for a while since you recommended to me that I should take a rest and I did!"

"We talked a lot! They even laughed at me when I said that I am going to settle down for good and I also told them that I have a daughter. They didn't believe me at first but Cole was there and told them everything!"

"They wanted to see the next game with me and Sofia too. They all wanted to see you. They want to see the girl I fell in love with!" He said while looking at me.

"And after a few drinks I said to them that I should head out since I want to be with you and Sofia. I don't want to go home half drunk and of course I don't want Sofia to witness me in that too. As I went to the exit door I saw Kendall walking towards me then she offered a drink to me. Next thing I know I woke in the hotel room naked beneath sheets and she's beside me. Then I went out the door but got entangled with the reporters outside!"

"Then just as I was heading here my manager called me and said if I saw the latest picture I said no. Then she said to take a look at my phone!"

"I swear babe, I don't know it. I will do my best to know what really happened last night. My parents already told me that they will help me find the Truth behind this. Please I know you are mad at me. You have the right to be mad but please push me out. Please!" He said and I shook my head.

"Matthew, I think we should take a cool off for a while. We need to sort things out and the best thing is not to see each other for now. It would be better so we can think of what we both really wanted!" I said to him,

"Oh no! Please no… no.. no.. I don't need a day off without you. Please… babe don't say that. Please have pity on me. I can't live without seeing you even a day! Baby no!" He said while shaking his head vigorously.

"Matthew, please try to understand. It's not easy for me to talk to you right now. I don't know who to trust any more. Those pictures are all legit right? You even said that to yourself. How am I going to believe you when everything really happened? Just please go out!"

"No!" He said and dropped to his knees then hugged my legs as if his life depended on it.

"Matthew, don't do this!"

"Please don't! Take it back please. I want to be with you. I promise you it's you I want to be with!"

"Clearly I am not the one you need right now. Maybe you just want to be with me because we have a daughter. You don't have to feel obligated to do that. You can walk away and be free!"

"What are you talking about! Free? I don't want that. Are you saying that the reason I want to be with you is because we have a daughter? Please can't you see? I am hopelessly in love with you! If you say jump on the bridge I will. I will do anything you said. Just not letting you go. I can't live without you baby. Both of you and Sofia are my life right now. Without the both of you I will be nothing!" He said while crying.

"Matthew, if you really love me then you will understand why I am asking you this. Let's give each other time to think! It will be good without seeing each other for now. You and I can think and realise that's what we need!" I said as I tried to convince him.

"But I love you!"

"It's only mere words Matthew. Action speaks louder than words. So I choose to believe in your actions rather than what your words are right now. I am sorry but you need to go out. I want to rest now!' I said as I opened the door for him to go out.

"Can I come tonight again? Please? I promised I won't talk. I just want to see you. I…. I… I am afraid you will leave me again. Please don't leave me, ok? I will solve this one. Promise just give me time!"

"I will give you time to solve it but for now don't come here. Just focused on that for now!"

"No! I want to come. I want to see Sofia too. Please!"

"Don't please? I will tell Sofia that you are out of town. Or you have work!" I said as I tried to convince him again.

"Babe… !"

"Matthew, we need to take time off.. Please take a rest for now and think. I promise you we will talk after. I just need to focus on myself for now and Sofia!"

"Then when will I be going back here again?"

"Maybe in two weeks?"

"No… that's so long!"

"Matthew, we need to think!"

"We can think for one day!"

"Please?" I asked him.