Chapter 7 - Out Of Control

Ava

I was standing near a decorated artificial tree, looking down.

"Ava, are we done yet?" Ace asked in a tired tone, groaning as he finished taking another shot of me.

I dropped the constant smile from my face and started to fix my hair a little. "No, Ace, we still have to take shots on the bench over there. Look at the cute lighting behind it!"

"But haven't we taken enough photos by now? I already clicked photos for you when we were checking in. Not to mention, you were blogging the rest of the time," he complained.

While what he was saying was true, but I got changed into a new dress from my reception one and re-did my makeup to get good pictures! I couldn't let that go to waste, no matter how tired we both were. I had even uploaded our wedding pictures with patience as soon as we had entered our suite.

"You know, I love blogging," I reasoned.

"Yes, but you should also love your body. It needs rest, just like mine does."

"That's true. But I can't click photos from tomorrow onwards. Ask why," I urged.

Ace made an annoyed expression as if he wanted the earth to swallow him and begrudgingly asked, "Why?"

"Because I'm going to get a huge-ass pimple on my forehead tomorrow, thanks to my dear best friend." I flashed him a tight-lipped smile.

"And husband," he corrected.

I ignored his remark and said, "Ace, just a few more. Handsome, please?"

I kept looking at him with an innocent look and he kept eye contact, not willing to bend easily, but finally, he gave up when he once again realized he was never going to win against me in this matter. "Okay, fine."

"Yay!" I clapped and shifted into a new pose. "Does this pose look good?"

"No, raise your chin a little bit," he instructed, and I simply obeyed.

Ace hasn't always been good at clicking pictures. Yeah, he had a good aesthetic sense, but doing the manual work behind it? No, never.

Throughout the years, I taught him about poses, locking the focus, adjusting to the light, and how to get good angles on me. So whenever he would come to my state or vice versa, I would make him my photographer during that time. He would always grumble and get annoyed, but he would do it for me anyway. Because he knew it was important to me. I loved that part about him, just like so many others.

"Okay, that came out nice. Now, are we done?" Ace asked after he finished taking pictures of me sitting on the bench.

"Just one final shot," I said sheepishly.

He rolled his eyes. "Let's just get this over with."

I grinned and waved over. "Come here."

He raised an eyebrow but didn't oppose me as he walked over to the bench. I motioned him to sit down, and when he did, I took the phone from him and scooted closer to him.

Seeing his surprised look, I said, "How can we end our wedding night posts without a couple picture?"

Ace ended up smiling at that, and I took that exact moment to snap a shot of us.

Who cared about the perfect angles or lighting in a picture where Ace was genuinely smiling? At least, not me.

###