Chapter 21 - MIA!

Chapter 21 - MIA!

Ace

I just had to anger her. Argh.

Why did I have to say that? I should've chosen my words wisely.

Of course, she was right. No matter under what circumstances we got married, she was my wife. Therefore, she had the right to act like one. It's not like Ava forced me. So how could I say such words to her?

Over the top, she confessed that she liked me. She was fuming in anger, so she probably didn't realize it, but when she uttered those words, I felt like my whole world just paused. All I wanted at that moment was to pull her into a kiss and tell her that I liked her back.

But if I did try kissing her, she might have slapped me right then. Or maybe that was what I should have done to stop her from leaving.

However, I was kinda happy that I didn't have to prepare a confession—with perfect arrangements and exaggerated gestures just like Ava liked.

With Ava, I didn't even have to learn how to do sappy romantic stuff. Whenever I think of her, it all came out naturally. I always felt like giving her all the happiness in the world.

However, was it a wise choice to let Ava storm off? But this was Ava. No matter how angry she is, she would always return home. I could apologize to her when she returned. I could order her favorite stuff... But no, this time, I couldn't do that because I fucked up real bad.

I had to do something that would show her that I was genuinely sorry and that I cared for her. What could I do?

A sudden thought got into my mind. "I can allow her Velvet, that giant monstrous purple teddy bear, to stay in our bedroom, and shift her things from the next room to ours. I will make space for her clothes in my closet." I didn't put her clothes in my closet in the first place because she had way too many of them, so I didn't think they would fit. Well, maybe I should remodel the closet room.

"Yes, that will definitely assure her that my emotions are real," I mumbled aloud.

It was a perfect plan.

I called my assistant to hire up professionals to remodel my closet room as soon as possible, then I decided to go to the room next to ours, which was apparently Velvet's room—according to Ava. But I stopped in my tracks as my heart clenched at a sudden thought.

Why was I feeling that Ava needed me?

I was not the type of person who would ignore what my gut feelings were saying when my loved ones were involved. Especially, when it was about Ava.

I needed to see her, and only then, this uneasy feeling will go away.

First, I took out my phone and dialed Ava's number. But the call said that it was out of reach.

It was starting to scare me. Ava was never careless when it was about her phone. She was glued to her phone most of the time, and she did have it in her hand when she stormed out. How could she be out of reach? Where the hell was she?

Maybe I should check Emma's room first. Emma could be back by now, and maybe Ava was just chatting with her by turning off her phone.

I was on my way, but I bumped into someone in the corner of the hallway.

"Sor— Oh, Ace, it's you. Why are you in such a rush?" Emma's voice made me look down at her. She was in her high school uniform, indicating she had just returned home with Mom from her part-time.

"Did you get back just now?" I asked, and she gave me a confused look but nodded her head anyway. Shit, that meant Ava wasn't with Emma. "Is Lily back?"

"As far as I know, no. She's not supposed to be back for another half an hour."

I chewed on my lips nervously. Where the hell could Ava be then? "Em, can you check the entire house and let me if you can find Ava or not?"

She furrowed her brows but nodded nonetheless. Thank God, she didn't ask any more questions because I wasn't in the situation to answer her.

I needed to see Ava.

I checked some of the places in the house where Ava could be, but I didn't see her anywhere. None of the servants knew, either. I wonder what was the point of having so many staffs if they didn't see their surroundings properly.

Immediately, I dialed Veron's number. Even though he was my personal assistant, he was the most trusted person ever on my list.

"Hello, Sir?"

"Veron, I need to see the entrance door's CCTV footage as soon as possible. Send it to me."

"Okay, Sir."

I cut his call and rushed out of the mansion. I asked one of the guards, "Have you seen Ava going anywhere?"

"Yes, Sir," he responded. "Ma'am went out with Sir Simon."

Simon? Why had Ava gone out with Simon? She told me that he was acting weird and she didn't feel comfortable being around him. Did he—no, I didn't have any proof yet.

"How did they go?" I asked him, trying to be patient. "Just answer fast."

"In—in... a car, Sir," he replied to me.

"Any of the Valentino cars?" If they took a car from here, I could easily trace it.

He gave a curt nod, and it gave me a little bit of relief. I could trace them.

At that very moment, my phone buzzed.

Veron had sent me the footage for today, just when Ava was about to leave the house. I immediately watched it.

Ava was about to leave the house, but Simon stopped her. He handed her a drink that looked like lemonade, and then they walked out together.

Lemonade? Did that bastard spike the drink and give it to Ava?

Simon Rainstorm took my Ava. How dare he?

I rushed into the mansion and took out the revolver from the drawer of the study. My revolver used to be in my bedroom, but I changed its location because Ava stayed in the same room. I couldn't let her see this yet. But now, I had to take the matter into my own hands.

I dialed Veron again. Before he could say something, I said, "Call my men, Veron. That bastard called his death upon himself." I hung the call and saw the wallpaper on my home screen.

A small smile formed on my lips, seeing the picture of Ava. She was frowning in that picture, and to tease her, I had saved it as the wallpaper of my home screen three years ago. I never changed that picture because I loved seeing her face before falling asleep at night and waking up in the morning.

"I won't let anything happen to you, Ava. I will bring you back safe and sound. I promise you," I mumbled, caressing my phone's screen. "Stay strong, baby. You know self-defense, so I know that will buy me some time to reach the location he took you to. I pity Simon because his countdown has started. He will pay for this with his life."

I chuckled darkly and glanced at my revolver for the last time before storming out of the house.

Whoever hurts Ava Valentino will face the wrath of Ace Valentino, and I will make sure Simon Rainstorm is an example of that.