chapter 18

"Disorientadas, pt. 2"

You did nothing but let Camilo hold your hand while you held your mother's. You were holding his hand even while you watched Julieta gently pour the soup she made into your mother's mouth. 

You held his hand even while you watched as it did nothing. "My healing should have worked." Julieta's voice became shaky as well. "I brought her back from the very brink of her condition, but she'll only last a day or two." Bruno comforted his sister in words you couldn't hear.

Camilo continued to hold your hand.

"It's just like what happened with Camilo. Except for you, your power is simply.. fading." You couldn't even think anymore. You felt your head flop onto a soft surface. "It's okay, Y/N. I'll be here to help you if I can." Camilo let you lay on his lap.

It was at this moment Mirabel entered the room. "Oh my god. That's Y/N's mom." You didn't want to say anything back. You just shut your eyes and listened to the conversation. Camilo said nothing, only holding your hand.

"What happened?" Mirabel sounded distressed. "She just collapsed on the floor. I don't know much. Y/N was the one who alerted me in the first place. Poor kid can't even speak anymore." That was Bruno speaking. Then Pepa came in. "Oh my goodness. That's Lola. I heard what happened."

You didn't hear the rest of the conversation. Instead, in your distress, your mind became so tired that it numbed all sounds and smells and feels and lulled you into a deep slumber.

All throughout, Camilo still held your hand.