Chapter 17

"Where were you?"
Sana asks as soon as Sidharth enters the room. He doesn't reply but goes straight to freshen up.
"I am asking you something. Why can't you reply?"
She asks after he comes out. Sidharth ignores and goes to his work corner. Sana puts away her laptop and walks up to him.
"Tum kya pagal ho ya mujhe pagal samajh ke rakha hai? Why are you not answering me?"
Sidharth ignores her again and continues working.

Sana comes closer and pulls the scale from his hand and throws it on the floor. She messes up the papers and throws away the pencils.
"I am talking to you damn it.. "
Sidharth grabs her shoulders and yanks her towards him.
"What the f*** is this! This is my work you idiot! How dare you throw things! What do you think you are?"
"Shehnaaz Suri. I am Shehnaaz Suri. I can't tolerate people ignoring me."
"And do you think I care? You well might be the Queen of England for all I care. This is not your Suri house nor I am one of your stupid boyfriends. I won't tolerate your tantrums."

Sna grabs his shirt, "Boyfriends ka kya matlab hai? You think I had many boyfriends?"
"I don't know, I don't care. Leave my shirt."
Sana pulls it even harder, "No. I won't. Why did you say that?"
"Shehnaaz, bahut jyada ho raha ab. Ek chamat marunga na dimag thikane aa jayegi."

Sana's eyes fill with water and with a pout she bursts into tears.
"Nobody has raised their hands on me or ever talked like this to me. Tum maroge mujhe? Amaaa.."
Sidharth immediately comes closer and says,
"I didn't mean to. I will never hit you. I am sorry. Please don't cry."
"You always behave so badly with me. You are taking revenge. I know you are for the way I had behaved before."
" No.. it's not like that.. I said na I am sorry.."
He wraps his arms around you and awkwardly hugs her. She puts her head on his chest and keeps sobbing.
"You didn't return home last night and also not this morning. You didn't pick up my call. I was worried so I asked. But you just shouted at me. I got angry so I threw things. Ab kya karun Mar jaun? "
Sidharth doesn't say anything.

Sana keeps holding on to him, sobbing softly as he runs his hand behind her back.
"Stop crying now. I will not shout at you. Okay. Bas meri kaam ki cheezein mat phenkna."
"I won't. Tum dantna mat."

A few moments later she asks,
"Sidharth, I know tum gussa ho mere se. Par kya hum ache se nahi reh sakte?"
Sidharth breaks the hug and moves back. He starts picking up the pencils and other things that Sana had thrown on the floor. She helps him and arranges everything like before.
"So jao tum. It's late."
"Tumne bataya nahi."
"Miss.Suri, I am sorry for the way I behaved today. I will not repeat this. And I will try to stay away from your life as much as possible."

"What was that? I am saying something and you are understanding something else."
Sidharth picks up the pencil and starts working again.
"I am saying the right thing. I should not talk to you like this. I am nobody to you. You are here in this relationship, in my house because of your Dad. Once he is fine, you can always return back. I have already said I won't stop you. So, till then I will stay away from you as much as possible."

"I was right about you. Tum sachi pagal ho. When I have cleared things with you that I won't go then why are you bringing this again and again?"
Sidharth gives her a smirk, "Yes. You will stay here as you respect the institution of marriage."
"Yes. I do."
"Stop kidding yourself. This is not another challenge. This is life. You want to stay with me. But what will be the name of our relationship? Friends? Husband and wife? Seriously, can we live an entire life like that? Ask yourself can we ever be a real couple when you claim to love someone else?"
Sana stays silent, "Right.. right.. your silence spoke for it. You are doing this because I am Sidu. If I were the driver or Mr.Architect as you knew, you would have said the same."

"No.. I wouldn't. You think I hated you. No. We had fights. I misbehaved as I got angry with you. But the very moment I have repented. I know you won't believe me but that's the truth. I have said before and I am saying it now, I won't go."
Sidharth walks towards her, "Fine. I accept what you say. You never meant to misbehave. You would have said the same if I were just anybody. You want to stay married to me. I accept everything. Just answer me what will you do after your Dad gets well and Sameer asks you to go with him? What if he says he still loves you?"
Sana stares at him and then her eyes fall on his knuckles. They are bruised.