Chapter 89

Diana did her best to focus on their Charms class, trying to conjure water unto the bowl in front of her on the table as Professor Flitwick had asked them to do. But there was something that kept distracting her.

Diana couldn't help but notice that Remus was acting rather strange that day. She knew that he always felt tired near the full moon, with his emotions all over the place and heightened. Although she had never seen him this way.

He couldn't do the spell right unlike always, obviously out of focus. He kept shifting uncomfortably in his seat, breathing heavily as he stared at a fixed spot on the table before him. She could almost hear his teeth gritting together.

Diana pitied him, thinking that he was in pain because of his upcoming lycanthropy. She had read in a book that werewolves' bodies begin to ache a few days before their transformation.

"That would be enough for today," said Professor Flitwick once the class came to an end. "I'll be expecting an essay on the Drought Charm and its usages, due next week. Have a good day, everyone — oh, and Miss McKinnon, you still haven't turned in last week's assignment. Don't forget to write it for next week."

By that, everyone began packing their books and quills into their bags, keen on leaving after the long lesson. Diana stood to her feet as well and turned to ask Remus if he was feeling okay, but she saw that he had already shoved all his equipments into his bag, quickly pushing his way through the crowd of the students and out of the class.

What the hell just happened? Diana thought to herself in surprise, still unable to get grasp on his odd behavior.

"Where did Mr. Chocolate go?" Layla asked with a smirk, walking up to Diana.

Diana glared at her after hearing that name. "Where did you learn that nickname? That was just between the two of us!"

"What?" Layla shrugged casually. "If you don't want me reading your little love letters, then don't just leave them laying around!"

Gritting her teeth together, Diana punched Layla on the arm playfully.

"Ouch!" Layla groaned, frowning as she held her arm in pain. "Why does only Lupin get to see your soft side?"

"You're lucky I punched you with my left hand," Diana said with a grin before pacing up to James, Sirius, and Peter, who were taking their sweet time for packing as they joked and laughed.

"Oi! You three!" Diana called out to them as she walked up to them, catching their attention.

"Wow... what a lovely way to be referred to. I'm touched," said James with a mock-dreamy sigh, placing his hand over his chest as he gave her a sweet smile.

Diana rolled her eyes, deciding to ignore his sarcastic remark. "Remus just ran out of the class without any explanation. Do you know what happened?"

"How would we know?" Sirius said carelessly, throwing his bag over his shoulder coolly.

"Oh, Geez, I don't know! Maybe because you've known him for six year!?" Diana said sarcastically, folding her arms.

"And she rolls her eyes at me for being sarcastic," James told Sirius and Peter, before turning to face Diana with another fake smile. "That's called being a hypocrite, my dear Miss Greengrass."

Peter sniggered. "Don't you mean deer?"

James chuckled. "Classic."

"What?" Diana asked in confusion, but she then shook her head, trying to regain her focus back on the more important matter at hand. "He seemed really distressed today. I just want to know if he's all right. I'd never seen him like this."