lvi. please

CHAPTER LVI
please

PRAGUE, CZECH REPUBLIC — 2024

"KITZLER!"

Those words made Noah snap back to reality. He whipped his head around, only to come face-to-face with Nick once again. He kept his mouth shut, afraid something a little too mean would slip out.

"That thing is going to be here in a few hours." Nick stated. "Are we boring you?"

Noah still stayed quiet. He clenched his jaw ever so slightly, glancing around at all of his surroundings, not quite daring to look at Nick again.

"He's not bored." Quentin spoke up. "He's just thinking about how you kidnapped them."

"They had obstacles." Nick firmly told. "I removed them."

Maria could care less about the argument that was currently going on. She was way too busy looking at her computer. She suddenly turned around to face them, though.

"They still won't evacuate the city." She informed.

"Idiots."

After that quiet insult, Nick turned back around to face the others. His expression irritated, he specifically glared over at Noah and Peter.

"So, what's the plan?" He asked the duo.

Unlike Noah, Peter seemed to be much more confident and optimistic about all of this. He had been awfully quiet, though.

"Me and Noah will be in the cathedral tower, keeping watch for the fire monster." He explained. "When that shows up, we will radio you guys and then Mr. Beck and us will-"

"My name is Mysterio."

Peter looked over at Quentin, an anxious laugh slipping from his lips. He then continued on, gesturing his hands as he spoke.

"That's when Mysterio and us will move in." He finished off.

Nick seemed to be impressed with Peter's response. He then glared over at Noah, seeming not so impressed anymore.

"Do you need to repeat it yourself or shall we continue?" He questioned.

Noah slightly leaned backwards, slowly nodding his head in response. He couldn't be bothered with discussing this over and over again. He just wanted to get it all done and over with.

"Just because I'm not looking doesn't mean I'm not listening."

Nick's glare sharpened against Noah. His eyebrows furrowed, his lips curled into an obvious frown.

"Don't snap at me with your attitude, Kitzler." He lectured.

Noah grew even more upset than beforehand. He didn't want to have a go at Nick. He didn't even want to be here.

His features and shoulders now extremely tense, he gently crossed his arms over his chest.

"I can snap at anybody whenever I want to. Especially you." He uttered. "Especially after me and Peter told you that we didn't want to take part in any of this, yet you forced us to."

Peter took a slight step forwards. He just wanted to stop this argument from escalating any further. He glared over at Noah specifically, his expression serious yet sad.

"Noah, please." He murmured.

Noah turned to face Peter, now. His eyebrows furrowed, his lips curled into a small frown. He thought that Peter would defend him. Not side with Nick.

"No, Peter. Don't fucking 'please' me." He snapped. "Why don't any of you understand? I don't want to be here. I never even wanted to in the first place."

As he spoke, his voice began to tremble and shake, his German accent sounding much more visible than beforehand. His features began to sadden as well, his expression obviously upset.

He couldn't even hold back anymore. He just wanted to cry. He just wanted to go home. His bottom lip beginning to tremble, he could feel tears forming within his eyes.

"Please, I just wanna go home." He whimpered. "I really can't do this anymore."

And with those words, he had decided to turn his back to the others. Then, he left the room. Just like that.

Peter watched as Noah left. Unlike the others, he was extremely concerned. He had attempted to reach out for Noah's hand. But, before he even knew it, Noah was already gone.

"Noah!"