lvii. sarcasm

CHAPTER LVII
sarcasm

PRAGUE, CZECH REPUBLIC — 2024

AFTER LEAVING, Noah had found himself sitting on a rooftop. He was sat on the edge, one of his knees pulled up to his chest whilst the other dangled off the side.

He was watching the view of the city before him, colourful lights flashing into his eyes every now and then. He found the sight quite relaxing, actually.

Then, all of a sudden, the relaxing sight before Noah was quickly interrupted once Quentin had decided to fly right into view.

"Fury asked me to come up here and see how you were doing." Quentin explained. "He felt bad about snapping at you."

Noah's gaze was now fixated upon Quentin. He titled his head to the side ever so slightly, clenching his jaw.

"No, he doesn't."

"I didn't think you guys actually had sarcasm on this Earth for a moment there." Quentin said. "How are you feeling?"

Noah leaned backwards, now holding himself up with his hands. He inhaled in an almost silent breath, his expression irritated. He just wanted to be left alone.

"Like you care." He mumbled.

Those words made Quentin sit right next to Noah. As he sat down, he took his helmet off.

"Listen, Noah, you seem like a really nice kid, you really do." He told. "I just don't understand. What's your problem with me?"

Noah looked over at Quentin. He seriously didn't want to answer that question. He was obviously suspicious of Quentin's little story and the elementals. But, he couldn't just admit that.

He glanced to the side, now admiring the view of the city once again. He shook his head from side-to-side, his eyebrows furrowing.

"Why are you really here?" He blurted out.

"No sarcasm this time." Quentin informed. "I talked to Peter."

Noah wasn't buying Quentin's story, as stated earlier. So, he genuinely didn't enjoy the idea of Quentin talking to Peter alone. He knew that Peter admired Quentin. But, he didn't want that. He wanted something else. He wanted Peter to admire him instead, not a man he just met.

"He told me that he's sorry. He didn't mean to hurt you back there." Quentin continued on. "Just don't get upset with him. He cares about you, a lot."

Noah, for some odd reason, felt happier about the situation after hearing those words. He was just happy to know that Peter didn't actually agree with what Nick was saying back there.

He lowered his head ever so slightly, some strands of his dark brown hair falling in front of his sea green eyes. He genuinely couldn't bare himself but to smile.

"Fine. Apology accepted." He uttered. "I guess I should thank you for making me feel a little better about all of this."

Quentin just slowly nodded his head in response, the corners of his lips beginning to slowly tug upwards and into a bright smile.

Noah looked at the way Quentin smiled. Quentin's smile didn't make him feel great at all. It made him feel horrible, rather.

"You should be thanking Peter, not me." Quentin said his goodbyes. "I'll see you out there, kid."

And with those words, he left.

Noah knew that Quentin was up to something. He definitely knew, now. Every time he was within Quentin's presence, he felt as though he was going insane, especially seeing that everybody else around didn't seem to acknowledge a thing.