lviii. spinne senses

CHAPTER LVIII
spinne senses

PRAGUE, CZECH REPUBLIC — 2024

ONCE NOAH HAD GOTTEN OFF THE ROOFTOP, he had been searching almost everywhere for Peter.

He was genuinely about to give up, that was until he finally came across the familiar spiderling he had been looking for.

Peter was way ahead of Noah. He seemed to be heading back to the hotel, where all of his classmates still were.

Noah was quick on catching up with Peter. He figured it would be nice to brighten up the mood a little. So, he gently placed his hands onto Peter's shoulders, hoping to frighten him.

Peter flinched at the sudden touch. He briskly whipped his head around, surprised to see that Noah was standing right there.

"Did you lose your spinne senses?" Noah questioned with a laugh.

"Last time I checked, I don't think so."

Noah allowed his hands to drape to his sides as he began to walk alongside Peter. He then placed his hands into his pockets, his gaze now fixated upon Peter.

He was staring for way too long. But, the way that the moonlight just reflected onto Peter's features genuinely made him feel so warm on the inside, making him want to stare for even longer.

"I wanted to talk to you about something." He finally blurted out.

As he spoke, he began to kick some small stones to the side whilst he walked, quietly awaiting for Peter's response.

Peter glanced up, his chocolate brown eyes meeting with Noah's green ones. His mouth slightly agape, he began to nod his head in reply.

"Yeah." He mumbled. "What's up?"

Noah gave himself a moment. He continued to make eye contact with Peter for a few moments, his face now as red as a rose. But, he finally looked away, his lips uncontrollably curling into the slightest smile.

"Quentin told me that you were sorry and I'm sorry, too. I- I didn't mean anything I said back there." He apologised. "I really don't wanna hurt you. I care about you, Peter."

Those words made Peter halt within his tracks, also making Noah stop. He didn't seem to want to say anything just yet.

That made Noah grow anxious. Very anxious. His face now etched with nervousness, he was worried that what he had just said had sounded completely wrong.

He tilted his head to the side, his shoulders now tense. He suddenly gripped onto Peter's hands for some comfort, now beginning to talk way more faster than he was beforehand.

"Shit, shit, shit. Please, Peter, forgive me. I'm sorry, I really am. I- I'm just so confused right now and there's so much going on. I really need you. I lov-"

Before Noah could even finish rambling away, Peter had suddenly pulled him into the most comforting embrace ever.

Peter had wrapped his arms around Noah's body, his grip tight yet comfortable. He gently stuffed his face into the crook of Noah's neck, not daring to let go.

Noah was surprised. He thought that Peter was angry at him. But, he was so wrong. He slowly wrapped his arms around Peter's body as well, being left speechless.

After a long amount of time, the duo slightly pulled away from the hug, still holding onto each other.

Noah was still feeling speechless. The corners of his lips tugging upwards, he smiled gently, allowing a soft laugh to slip from his lips.

"What was that for?" He asked with a chuckle.

Peter smiled as well, his smile filled with brightness and warmth. He then slightly tilted his head to the side, anxiously nibbling onto his bottom lip.

"N-Nothing." He stuttered out. "I just, I-"

"You don't need to explain yourself."

The duo finally realised that they had been holding onto each other for way too long. So, they both let go, the two of them looking to the side as they shared awkward glares every now and then.

"So, uh, what are we gonna do about this elemental thing?" Noah decided to break the awkward silence.

"I've got a plan." Peter told. "You'll know once we get back to the hotel, 'kay?"

Noah shot a confused glare in Peter's direction. He didn't want to question anything, though. So, he slowly nodded his head in response.

Then, Peter gently gripped onto Noah's arm. He began to slowly guide Noah away, explaining some details of the plan on the way back to the hotel.