🖌 Joy

Lyra;

I groaned in frustration. My thoughts were swarming around me, and I could not think straight for a second to be able to sketch. I have been trying to bring myself to feel my art. To draw what I feel, but I can't. My mind has not been with me for a while like it knows that it doesn't belong where it is right now like it belongs somewhere else.

Where? I haven't got a clue.

"Ly-Ly!" Mariah's voice rang in my ears, taking me out of my trance.

"Yeah?" I looked towards her hoping she didn't catch me zoning out and not listening to her one bit.

she groaned. "I said, why aren't you ready yet? We're meant to meet Julia and the others in 20 minutes." She crossed her arms above her chest and looked at me with accusing eyes.

"Oh! My fault! Give me 10 minutes and I'll be out the door." I shut my bedroom door before she could scold me even more.

Apollo and I decided that we need to make more friends because life was too short to dwell on but long enough to make more than 2 friends. With the help of Faith and Mariah, we decided to meet some of their closest friends.

I opened my closet and picked out a floral knee-length dress, with long sleeves and a sinch at the waist. It was a light blue color with a few flowers in shades of yellow and white. I left my room grabbing a pair of white sneakers and a cardigan, in case a cold breeze passes by. By now, it's almost spring, as we entered February, but I had to make sure I was still warm in case the weather decided to turn upside down.

"I'm ready!" I saw Mariah standing with her car keys in hand.

"Took you long enough." She flicked my forehead and opened the door.

We got into the car, drove in that car, reached the same café Apollo and I worked on our project in, parked the car, got out of the car, and entered the café. All in around 20 minutes.

Apollo was the one who recommended the café to Mariah and faith, who both stated that their friends agreed to come.

"Mariah!" A tall blonde girl rushed to Mariah the moment we stepped into the café.

"Hey Liz, how are you?" Mariah asked once they pulled apart from the hug.

"I'm great! How about- Are you Lyra?" Liz rushed over to me, pulling me in the same warm embrace she gave Mariah.

"Yes, that's me. It's nice to meet you." She gave me a warm smile.

"Come on, the others are waiting." She ushered us forwards towards the table they were sitting on.

Both Apollo and Faith were there, and 3 other people. "These are Max, Aphrodite, and Elias." She pointed to the people sitting beside Apollo and faith from either side.

"I'm Lyra, it's nice to meet you all." I greeted them.

"What about me? Suddenly you meet new people, and your first friend is old news?" Apollo put a hand on his chest dramatically

"Have I met you before?" I gave him a confused look.

"Lyra. I'm not in the mood for this, I've watched so many movies with the memory loss trope." He groaned

"Wow Lyra, you managed to crack his thick skull. I never knew he had a personality!" Mariah smacked Apollo's back and he let out a high pitched 'ow'

"Lyra! Put your friend on a leash!" He cried out and hissed as I tried to touch his back.

I covered my mouth with my hand, trying to suppress my laughter. Apollo threw me another glare and I mouthed 'sorry'.