CHAPTER 7. Another Supernatural

Despite River gently putting me to bed, shortly after he left, I found myself sitting up, feet dangling off the bed, just barely touching the cold floor.

I rubbed my face and stood, stumbling slightly, hands reaching out and catching myself on the corner of my dresser.

I looked up and saw myself in the mirror, eyes swollen and hair tangled. "Get it together, we're better than this," I wiped my eyes when I felt them water again. "It doesn't matter, none of it matters, I can do what the fuck it want."

I took a deep shuddering breath, pointing at myself in the mirror. "You're a strong fucking independent woman who can do whatever she sets her mind to, so act like it." I wiped my face one last time and stepped into my bathroom, deciding a hot shower would do me a lot of good.

I took my time, washing my hair and then afterwards, using scented lotion. Because being clean and smelling good made me feel savage.

I pulled on some leggings and a warm, but cute sweater, walking over to my bed and pulling out my phone.

After all that drama, I felt the urge to just jump out the window and walk around in the cold air. My eyes drifted to the view outside, and I nibbled on my bottom lip.

I wanted to, but if I was caught, everyone would be mad at me all over again. I huffed and turned on some random show, leaning on my side as I stared blankly at the moving pictures.

I got bored of that faster than I thought, and clicked my screen off, deciding some sleep was in order after all.

When I woke up, it was to my alarm, playing obnoxiously loud music I somehow liked when I was awake.

I groaned and fumbled around, trying to find my phone with closed eyes. After what felt like eternity, I shut off the song and climbed out of bed, rubbing my eyes wearily.

After freshening up, I made my way down stairs, reaching for my boots. "Raven, you don't have to go to school today," I turned startled and stared at River, who was drinking from a mug.

I put shoes on, despite the look in his eyes. "It's fine, there's no reason for me not to go."

River looked shocked. "Raven, you never want to go to school,"

I shrugged and avoided his gaze, just like I wanted to avoid talking to any of the other vampires who lived in the old house. "I want to see my friends..." I trailed off, cheeks warming with embarrassment.

I admitted a few things last night, definitely shouldn't have. I thought and sighed.

River looked me over and frowned. "I don't think you should go, we still need to talk, but if you really want to, I won't stop you."

I nodded quickly, avoiding his gaze. "Yes, I want to go,"

As soon as River nodded, I was rushing the opposite direction and stepped into the kitchen. I hunted for something to eat, frowning.

"I know, we need to go shopping for you-" I shrieked and turned behind me. I touched my chest.

"Dune! At least make a noise, so you don't scare me half to death!" I told him and grabbed an apple, heart racing. "Seriously, don't do that," I told him and glanced at his face.

Dune raised his hands. "Sorry, I didn't mean to surprise you, wait, are you going to school?" I made a sound in my throat.

"I'm fucking savage, I can go to fucking school,"

"Language," River called across the house as Dune grinned.

"Save it Captain America!" I shouted back and then smiled at Dune, making him pause. "Anyway, yeah, there's no reason for me not to now, the teacher is gone, and..." I ran a hand through my hair. "I have people to talk to now, so, it should be fine."