Chapter 17 : Time

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

Cronus was the King of the Titans,

And the god of time.

Time was viewed as a destructive, all-devouring force.

It granted him the power to rule the cosmos.

In fear of a prophecy that his son would overthrow him,

Cronus swallowed each of his children as they were born.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

A three-minute headstart

His words were more of a promise -- something he'll loyally cling to like a steadfast oath. But as soon as my time was up, he'll pounce with utmost viciousness. And the fact that he seemed happy about our little game left me unsettled. It's almost like he knows he'll win this.

Am I missing something?

I couldn't question that now. Mainly because the clock was already ticking. I stretched out my hand, commandeering a portal to the main entrance of star-crossed inc. Lust never strayed his focus as he watched me step through.

His form along with the roof dispersed in a form of a swirling image before opening up to a new location. I was back on the ground -- by the street curb as people of different ages walked past.

They were mostly couples in red and black attire. And most of them headed towards two large double doors guarded by a group of bouncers. It was the main entrance of the club.

I glanced at the very top of the building. It was so tall that you could barely see the summit. But the good news was, there wasn't a sin flying in sight.

I sprinted straight for the bouncers halting a few feet before them. Four of them were dismissing one couple when they saw me. They froze -- eight eyes blinking in unison. Before I could question their odd behavior, all four bent at the hip in a deep bow.