2

Five years later.

"H-hey Rika."
Midoriya walked up behind Mai who just opened her lunch to see it all smashed up.

The now ten year old girl frowned.
'Guess someone got into it again.'
Whether it was the kids at the Orphanage or the girls at school was the real question.
It wasn't uncommon for someone to get into her bento box and make it impossible to eat.
Rice and broccoli covered the belongings kept in her locker

"Rika you can have mine."
He offered her, holding up his own lunch box.

She signed.
"Midoriya you know I can't do that, now please go away."
She mumbled closing the locker without taking anything or cleaning.
She had a few coins in her pocket that she found on the sidewalk, maybe she could purchase a juice box or something.

"Why not-'"

"Hey Deku! You done talking to your girlfriend?!"
Bakugou asked while his gang laughed.
The bully had entered behind the quirkless boy who was their target.

"She's not my girlfriend-"
Deku denied and Bakugou laughed at Mai.
"Not even a quirkless loser likes you!"
His friend yelled making the group laugh.

She started to walk away from her locker.
'Only a few more classes after lunch-'

"Don't fucking walk away from me!"
Bakugou stomped up and grabbed her arm, turning her around and shoving her into the walls.

"I just want to go home-"
Mai sighed rubbing her eyes, to tired for this shit. She just wanted to nap through a few classes and go to bed after doing homework and a few chores.

"You don't have a home dumbass!"
He shoved her shoulder with a laugh, everyone joined in but Midoriya who looked at Mai in pity.

Bakugou rolled his eyes with a victorious smirk, knowing he'd won.
"Get out of here, you're not worth my time."
He growled changing his attention to his usual Target, Izuku Midoriya. Or "Deku"

Mai kept walking leaving Midoriya and Bakugou behind keeping her head down.

..................

Mai walked to the orphanage she currently lived in. Her feet hit the side walk slowly as she looked around. It was midwinter and the ground was dusted with white snow from last night's storm.
The snow decorated the ground like crystals fallen from heaven, glimmering on the ground beside the road that hadn't yet been ran over.

The cold nipped at Mai's face and she lifted her blue scarf over her nose and mouth in attempts to keep warm. The cloth was old and had been used by many children before her.
It was thin and had a more greyish color as the bright blue faded but it did it's job well enough.

Mai turned when she heard a car.
She expected the sleak new black car to keep rumbling past her to it's destination. But it didn't.
A tinted window rolled down and a man with sunglasses and a cigarette lit in his mouth was revealed. One hand on the steering wheel and the other on what he was smoking.
"Hey kid."
He said watching her through his glasses.

"H-hey..."
Mai said looking around nervously. They were the only ones on this street.
Maybe the man simply needed directions?

"You shouldn't be walking around alone like this, there are a lot of villains out there you know."
The man said and Mai caught a glimpse of his partner. A man with grey hair, round glasses and a missing tooth that was on his phone.

Mai backed up, immediately not liking this situation. Something was up and she didn't want to wait and find out what.
She slowly starting walking again and the car slowly drove next to her.
"How about I give you a ride? I'll take you home."