Fourteen

You stare down at your food, feeling uncomfortable in the appearance of Edmund.

Even though he seems like a nice person, yet, the fact that Celeste has been cheating on Achilles with him. Made your stomach churn.

Edmund is a human just like you,  not a vampire, which eased your worries a bit.

"You have not touched your food, is there something wrong, honey," Celeste asks, worriedly.

"You said you always loved Dad...why are you cheating on him?"

You don't care how blunt your question is right now, but you are against cheating.

Even if Achilles is horrible, cheating is never the answer.

But, divorce is.

"You are too young to understand such matters" Edmund replies, making you frown.

"Understand what? that you are a homewrecker" You spat.

You don't understand why you are so angry about it, you don't even like Achilles being your adoptive dad.

Or do you?

Your fingers touch the choker around your neck, remembering that you belong to Achilles' family.

"Why are you silent? Are you not going to scold her?" Edmund demands.

"Well, she didn't lie, we are having an affair"

Celeste defends you without a second thought, not caring about taking her lover's side.

"I think I will rest," you say, leaving the table without giving anyone the chance to stop you.

❀❁❀❁❀

You lay on your new bed wide awake while staring up at the ceiling, thinking about Achilles.

Honestly, you feel like there is something wrong with you thinking about a cold-hearted monster like him.

But you can't help but feel that he is your actual father, not Edmund, who you hate for no apparent reason.

Except that he is annoying and a homewrecker.

However, deep down, you are happy that you won't be attending school for a while.

After being threatened for leaving the vampire hunter's society...yeah you don't want that.

You try closing your eyes, but feel the wind come into your room, forcing you to stand up from bed and walk over to the window to close it.

"How did this window open...i'm sure I closed it" you mumble to yourself.

But, when you were about to close it again, you get grabbed your shoulders and get pulled out of the room.

You hold in your gasp when you look up to see the familiar vampire general is the one who grabbed you.

Achilles smirks and looks at you after he holds you tightly against him so you don't fall.

"Did you miss your Papa?" You hold into him tightly, unable to speak properly.

"S-scary" you stutter out, but Achilles ignores you.

"You didn't think that I would allow another man to become your father"

Your adoptive father says, flying further and further away from the house.

"Or for you to sleep at another man's house even for one night"