𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙎𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮-𝙎𝙞𝙭

"We can go home, it's fine

"We can go home, it's fine." Eli spoke after they got to Stingrays house, it was extremely clear she wanted to.

"It's fine, I kept clothes in the car." Alaska put her bag on the bed. Truth was, she wanted to go home and curl up in embarrassment, hope that everyone would just forget that happened. But, the last thing she was gonna do was ruin either of their high school experiences. She wanted things to be as normal as they were. After last year, after the entire school knew her as the drug addict, she just wanted to feel like a normal teenager for the night.

Eli stood there as she gave him a look. "I have to change."

"Are y-" he began when realizing she wanted him to go, nodding. "Okay, I'll be outside."

Alaska stripped the dress off and dug into her bag for the sweater and leggings. Eli waited outside for her, keeping by the bedroom door to avoid anyone possibly stumbling in. Feet were heard as he looked, seeing Kody walking over with a grin. "She okay?"

"She's fine, just embarrassed." Eli said back as Kody leaned on the wall across from him.

"Why are you out here?" he gave a questionable look.

"Don't know, she didn't want me in there for some reason." Eli said back, because it was odd, because she'd never actually asked him to leave before. It remedied him of the night that Robby cut his hair off, when he changed in her bathroom rather then in her room. The pair seemed to have a shared person when it came to being humiliated to even be in front of each other.

"You guys...you seem really good together." Kody nodded with a small nod. "Really good."

"You keep saying that." Eli cracked a grin his way. "What was she talking about earlier? You needed to ask me something?"

Kody rose an eyebrow, shaking his head. "No, I think you guys are too sensitive for now, maybe another time."

Eli wanted to ask, but he decided maybe it was best if he didn't know what Alaska and Kody had talked about when he wasn't there. "Just, don't let each other go, okay? Not everyone gets as lucky as you guys did, not everyone meets someone like that."

"This about Wyatt?" Eli asked him.

Kody laughed. "No, Wyatt's just a friend. It's not about anyone, I just think you two have something good going on. You know, Wyatt and Demetri, it's really rocky and kinda all over the place, same with your other friends. But you guys are good, you know, anyone can look at the two of you and see that nothings complicated or questionable, you guys are just together and really happy."

Eli had to smile, glancing at his feet. "I didn't think she was gonna take me back."

"Have faith in your girl." Kody cracked him a small smile, nodding his head. "I'm glad we got to talk, Eli."

"Yeah, me too." he gave a grin, watching Kody leave, and he suddenly felt secure and safe after their conversation. He turned to the door, twisting the knob as he walked in. "I know, you said you didn't want me to come in."