lx. over and over again

CHAPTER LX
over and over again

PRAGUE, CZECH REPUBLIC — 2024

"ALRIGHT, we're in position."

Currently, Noah and Peter were sat on top of a tower, looking down at the carnival full of beaming people. They were both wearing their brand new suits, which looked quite stylish to say the least.

Peter's suit looked awfully similar to his other suits, the white eyes and everything. But, this time, it was a completely black suit and it didn't look so high-tech.

Noah, on the other hand, also had a black suit. Most of his skin was covered, apart from the top-half of his face and his fingers. Again, it was pretty much similar to the iron-suit Tony had made him.

"Uh, as soon as we see something, Beck, we'll, uh-" Peter told. "We'll let you know."

"Roger that."

"How's the suits?" Nick asked the duo.

"I hate to say this," Noah huffed, "but it's much more better than a suit made of iron."

Genuinely, wearing iron all day just felt horrible. It was cold. It was uncomfortable. The list went on.

"Something that is finally a compliment out of you, Kitzler." Nick scoffed in disbelief. "What about yours, Parker?"

"Ah, the suit is great, it's awesome." Peter told. "It's a little tight around the old-webshooter."

Noah immediately glared over at Peter. He jokingly and barley just slapped Peter across the face, an embarrassed chuckle slipping from his lips.

"Spinne!"

Peter held his hands up in the air to mock surrender, gently shaking his head from side-to-side.

"God, god." He sighed. "Okay, I'll shut up."

Noah knew that the elemental could emerge any moment now, which made him anxious. He was not prepared in the slightest. So, he decided to relax himself by quietly humming a tune underneath his breath.

"Stop singing and focus." Nick pointed out.

"This is how I focus-"

Before Noah could even finish his sentence off, lava began to emerge around a statue nearby, causing the crowds below to run away and scream.