Chapter 71

Being around Sirius and the twins made me feel like I was back at Grimmauld again, back at home.

Sirius had found an old fire place in the building, started a fire and had charmed an old box into a fridge to hold some of the cooler items Molly had sent. While we still had to sit on the floor, we had the relief of being warm, and with the food Molly had given, the fortune of not having to talk with empty stomachs. While I had been unwilling to talk much about life at Hogwarts at first- It just got really depressing after awhile- a deal had been struck up where if I answered a question, I got to ask one.

We were winding now after about half an hour, the questions turning less intensive and more fun, more playful and personal.

"Least favorite subject?"

"Defense Against the Dark Arts and Muggle studies." I answered easily, shrugging. "Did Ginny try to hex anyone when you told her she wasn't returning to Hogwarts?"

"Nah, but she wanted to." George said, a small grin on his face. "What's your favorite class, then?"

"Probably Transfiguration. McGonagall's the best." I said as I picked apart a cookie. "What's Caiden up to these days?"

"He's spending most of his time at Andromeda Tonks's house. She takes good care of him. He's happy. He misses you, though." Sirius said kindly. His smile changed from innocent to mischievous though, and it made me wary as he voiced his next question.

"Any cute boys?"

I rolled my eyes. "Not really a priority right now."

"But there must be someone who's caught your eye. At some point. " George teased good-naturedly. I scoffed. They wanted answers? Fine. I'd give them answers. I let out a sigh, slumping my shoulders as if in defeat.

"Fine. Ernie MacMillian and I have secretly been seeing each other since Christmas." I lied, feinting seriousness. All three looked ready to vomit, and Fred shook his head, looking bewildered.

"You're not serious."

"Of course I'm not!" I scoffed, frowning at them. "Merlin, guys, give me some credit. I have some taste." I said, crossing my arms tightly in front of me. "Like I said, boys haven't really been a priority right now- Unless they're injured, at least."

"Do you think that could be your type?" Fred was asking, an eyebrow raised. "Injured and sickly boys, line up-"

"Fred!" I berated sharply, and with a smug expression he stopped, shrugging innocently as he leant back. I was a little pleased to see Sirius was glaring at him as well. It was nice to see him take sides with me.

"I think that's enough questions." Sirius decided, throwing his arm over my shoulders. "Let's give the girl a break, eh?"

"I suppose she deserves one." George said jokingly, grinning at me. I rolled my eyes, resting my elbows on my knees.

"Thanks, George." I said amusedly, leaning back into Sirius's side.

"I think it's time for us to go soon." Sirius said after a moment, giving a small sigh. "It's late, and somebody still has school tomorrow."

"Sirius." I groaned, hanging my head. I'd rather do almost anything other than think about having to go into class tomorrow. But Fred and George were both nodding, and the fire was dimming as if to signal the end of our time together.

"I'm going to miss you guys." I sighed, and Sirius rubbed my arm comfortingly.

"It's alright. We'll try to keep it from being months again." He told me, smiling. "I need to see you more anyway, for the sake of my own mental health."