chapter 36

My dad ask if I could leave Ryujin alone with him. He says he wants to do his fatherly talk with her and just because she's a girl, it doesn't mean that she gets out of it.

So I leave them alone and walk around to look for Eva. My mom has been taking her everywhere, showing her friends.

In the process of looking for Eva, I accidentally bump into someone.

"I'm sorry" I say.

"Yeji?"

I look up to see my ex boyfriend from high school.

"Cain. What are you doing here?" I frown.

"I heard you were in town so I thought I'd crash your barbecue so I could see you" he smiles at me. The charming smile he uses to make girls fall for him and I'm one of them that fell for it.

"Oh, yeah" I simply say.

"Your boyfriend around?" He ask.

I look at him confuse because why would he ask about that. "I don't have a boyfriend. We broke up just recently actually."

His smile grows bigger, "Oh I'm sorry to hear that. How long are you going to be in town?"

"I'm actually going to be moving with my sister to Alberta" I say.

"That's a shame. I thought you'd be moving back. Do you want to get out of here? Have some fun just like old times" he grabs hold of my hands.

For some reason, my body can't move. I stare at his hands thats holding mine. I'm having a hard time to say no. Cain is my first boyfriend, I was so crazy in love with him. I honestly don't remember why we broke up.

"Yeji? What do you say? Let's get out of here?" He ask again and like before, I can't say anything.

When I don't answer again, he pulls me away from the crowd. The next thing I know, we're alone.

"I missed you so much, Yeji" he says to me while looking into my eyes.

I look back into his eyes, I've always been a sucker for blue eyes. He places his hand on my cheek and I feel his lips on mine.

"Yeji, are you okay? Why didn't you kiss me back?" He ask.

"W–what?" I'm finally able to speak out.

"Why didn't you kiss me back? Are you okay?" He grabs my shoulders.

I push his hands away, "No no. This didn't happen. No. I'm so stupid."

"What's wrong?" He ask.

"Let go of me. Cain, what the fuck!? Why would you kiss me!?" I raise my voice.

"I thought it was okay. You let me take you away from the party" he reasons out.

"I don't know what happened. I don't know why I let you drag me out of there but you and I are done. I don't miss you, Cain. Yes, I was caught off guard when I saw you. But we're a thing of the past" I huff out.

"You don't have feelings for me anymore?" He ask.

I look at him like he's crazy, "It's been years since we ended. Not once did we talk to each other until today. What makes you think I would have feelings for you? Are you insane?!"

"Then will you let me court again? I'll get you to love me again" he says.

"Why would you want to get back together? Haven't you moved on and found someone else?" I ask.

"None of them can compare to you. You're my one that got away, Yeji" he tries to hold my hands again but this time I don't let him.

"Please. Give me us another shot" he begs.

"Cain, you don't want me. I have a daughter already. I'm also pregnant. You never wanted kids remember?" I say trying to reject him.

"With you, I'm willing to endure it" he says.

"Endure it? I don't want whoever I'm with to endure my children. My children are not some burden that needs to be endured" I angrily say.

"It's gonna be hard to raise them alone, Yeji" he says.

"Who says I'm gonna be alone?"

"You broke up with your boyfriend. Don't tell me you already have another one" he scoffs.

"So what if I do? It's none of your business."

"Yea and she doesn't have a boyfriend, she has a girlfriend" I turn around to see who said that.

"Ryujin. What are you doing here?" I ask panicking because I'm not sure what she saw and heard.

"A girlfriend? Yeji is like the most homophobic person I know. You expect me to believe that she has a girlfriend" Cain laughs at Ryujin.

Ryujin laughs back at him and walks towards us, "You haven't talked to each other in years and you don't think she can change?"

Shit. She heard that part so she must have heard everything or even saw the kiss.

He ignores her and looks at me. "Is she really your girlfriend?"

"Yes she is" I answer him.

"I still don't believe it. Kiss right now" he says.

"Why is that always considered as proof when two girls say they're dating? You sick fuck" she says.

"You little–" Cain charges towards Ryujin to punch her but she quickly dodges it and he ends up face first on the ground.

"I'm sorry but I don't like to fight" she says before taking my hand and dragging me away from him. Why is everyone dragging me lately.

When we get back to the party, she let go of my hand. She doesn't even look at me. She just continues walking.

"Where are you going?" I ask following her.

"I'm going to your room for a little bit. I don't feel well" she says, still not looking at me.

"Did you see or hear anything? Is that why you're acting like this?" I ask.

"Did I see him kiss you? And how you didn't push him away? Nope I saw nothing" she walks faster.

I stop walking then I start cursing myself. I watch her enter the house. Karina tried to talk to her when she walks past her but she doesn't stop. What do I do? Is she going to leave me now?

I see my sister walking towards me, looking unhappy.