Chapter 13: The Art of Falling Inlove

~ו×~

~ו×~

"Come in!" Jungkook hears you from what seemed like a farther distance.

He braced himself in seeing you in your worst state but when he opened your door, you weren't in your bed. His eyes trails to your open balcony door and there you are standing. Wearing a thin layer of clothes. On his way to you, he grabbed a blanket.

You lean your body unto the railings to help support your body. Your wound aches and all the adrenaline has gone down. You feel your knees giving up but you held on pretty good.

"Why are you out here in the cold? Your wound is still fresh," Jungkook covers you with the blanket, his arms gently wrapping around you from behind.

You can smell his niche scent and feel his hot breath. You were about to turn around and answer him but your knees finally cave in. Your wound hurts from the poison and you feel yourself falling to the floor.

Jungkook catches you right on time before your head hit the cold floor. Barefeet and all, he comments.

"You are one stubborn woman," he puffs out. His breath hitting your face a little.

"Let's get you inside," he lifts you up and places you gently back in your bed.

He walks back and closes the balcony door and slides the curtains back. He then walks to you and sit on the bed on your side. He then helps you pull the layers of blanket over your body.

A chuckle escaped your lips making him look up to you. Brow raised, piqued by your sudden giggle. It sounded cute to him.

"What's so funny?" He asks through his lashes.

"Thank you," you answer him.

"No, I should be the one thanking you. You just saved his majesty's life. With yours,"

"That was nothing your highness," you nod gently.

You watch the storm being contained in his eyes. Those dark eyes that only held mysteries after mysteries. His lips set into a straight line and he sighs quietly.

"I was wrong about you," he finally says after what seems like a long pause.

You smile at that and reach for his hand. Knowing that he'll feel guilty about everything, the least you could do was comfort him and let him know that......

"The people you are protecting will be protected by me too your highness. I know you were a bit too harsh on me when I first arrived but hey, people only act like that to protect the people they love," you reassure him.

He looks at your warm hand gently placed on top of his. He looks into your eyes swirling with compassion. He felt his heart skip a beat. You are far from the person he perceived you to be.

"What's with that look?" You ask him.

He snaps out from it and shake shis head gently.

"Is there anything you want to eat? Namjoon said you haven't eaten yet. Him and Sunoo has left to buy more ingredients for your antidote," he asks instead.

"A soup would suffice," you say.

"Very well," Jungkook stands to go to the long closed kitchen.

He turns to look for another blanket, or maybe a coat of some sort, maybe a scarf?

"What are you looking for?" You ask him.

"Anything that could warm you. I'm not gonna leave you here alone," after that last word that rolled out of his tongue, your heart warms.

Jungkook finally finds a blanket and throws it over your body. Although the idea of soup enticed you, you know that Yoongi might still be lurking around and the king is still in danger.

"You know you should be with his majesty right now," you politely say.

Jungkook adjusts the blanket and sits infront of you. Suddenly he felt guilty for going to you first than reporting to Taehyung.

"I know, I'm sorry. I'm afraid I won't be able to get soup for you," he said once his mind lined up with his thoughts.

You're right. The king might still be in danger even at this very moment. He looks at you sigh.

"I going to send Eli here with soup I promise," he said.

You smile and nod. "You do not have to apologize your highness. I understand, completely,"

"Jungkook," he suggests.

You smile wider at that.

"Jungkook," you finally say his name.

His heart skips another beat.

Jungkook fimds himself smiling as he makes his exit and into Eli. Being with you soothed him in a way he never thought he needed. Your warm touch, your gaze, the sound of his name from you. It all dazed him. Your perfect way to articulate yourself attracted the man in him. No judgement, no sarcasm, it was pure concern, understanding and compassion.

"The people you are protecting will be protected by me too your highness..."

A fat grin spreads on his face.

What an amazing woman. He thought.

He continues to where Taehyung is, in his office. The night is still pretty young so it would only make sense that Taehyung is still in there. Jungkook knocks on his door. When he opens it, Heesung is with him.

"Brother," Heesung stands up.

Jungkook.pats his shoulder and motions him to sit back down. Heesung did but still as restless.

"Are you alright brother?" Jungkook asks Taehyung.

The king nods with a sullen look on his face.

"Heesung said you lost track of him. He must know the round abouts of the lands. There is no way he could've crossed the boarders that fast,"

"I doubt that too," Jungkook agrees.

"We'll search first thing in the morning," Jungkook says.

"Send men Jungkook. I need you here," Taehyung denies. "We can't leave the palace unguarded," he adds.

"Very well," Jungkook nods in understanding.

Heesung has dazed away. His mind already wandered to you. As much as he wants to go visit you, he knew he needed to be by the king's side especially that he was nearly killed just hours ago. If it weren't because of you, the whole kingd might've been mourning now.

The youngest prince got so worried when he saw you in the king's arms unconscious. All he wanted to do was go beside you but he knew the king will tale care of you so he held himself back and went with the search party. Never has he been this distracted before over someone. Someone that he only meet weeks ago.

All of their hearts were racing.

One with excitement.

Another with worry.

Another with realization.

Y/n

All they could think of is your name.

•••

Unedited