22; gone

MAYBE I SEE SOMETHING
IN YOU THAT YOU DON'T

❝ MAYBE I SEE SOMETHING IN YOU THAT YOU DON'T ❞

The bed she woke up in was unfamiliar before she opened her eyes to adjust to her setting. It reminded her of her bed before the apocalypse. Comfy, warm. Except, she'd never had a man beside her, nearly shoving her off the side of the bed.

Grunting, she rose from the sheets and pushed the heavy blanket off. Negan was still asleep, it was evident with his loud snores that she was surprised she was able to sleep through. Before getting up, she sat still in the bed, watching him stiller than she'd ever seen him before. He almost looked different.

She took a moment to process what she'd gotten herself into the night before. It was fun, she was attracted to Negan and she wanted him — but Negan had some sort of possession over the women he was with, and that wasn't going to end well in their case.

Two days. That was the max amount of time she was going to give herself before she left the Sanctuary. All she had to do was find a way out, gather the insulin and a bit more, and then leave. Negan would lose his mind. She knew it. The words rang through her head, as if to remind her, "you know you're mine now, right?"

Slinging her legs over the side of the bed, her head shot over when a moan came from beside her. Negan was sprawled on his back, hands behind his head with a tired grin on his cheeks. "Where are you going?"

Glancing to the door and back, she attempted to play it off as if she weren't going ditch him. "To take a shower."

"Don't act like you weren't about to fucking leave me here. I feel used."

"Used?" She cocked her brow. "We didn't even fuck."

His gaze roamed down her body then met her eye, his grin lascivious. "Come here then."

She rolled her eyes. "Go back to sleep, Negan. I'm going to go use your shower."

"Enjoy it, baby."

His eyes closed. The night before Negan insisted she stayed the night, and although she wasn't sure, the expensive mattress was enough to convince her. She didn't want to gain any feelings for Negan and spending the night in his arms wasn't the best way to go about doing that. But, he was persistent, and she could tell he wanted her to be comfortable. As cocky as he was, he was accommodating.

The shower was hot. So hot that heavy steam filled the room, from floor to ceiling. Lathering her body with soap, she let her mind go empty and her thoughts ease. She needed to relax. In Negan's shower she felt like the only person in the world.

After washing her hair she twisted the knob off and stepped out onto the mat. He had everything in his bathroom for her to get ready, from a hairbrush to a blowdryer, to moisturizer and different perfumes. He must've kept them there for his wives. She wasn't sure if that bothered her or not, although she didn't agree with the idea at all, Negan would never be hers. He could do what he wanted.