2

Xiaobai's Visit;

The midnight hour.

Rumor had it that it was the time with the thickest Yin energy. 

In the back room of a small florist, the bright candle on the table began to flicker for no reason.

Chen Ming, who had been fast asleep and dreaming at ease suddenly woke up and shot a glance at the door sharply. His hand slowly went under the pillow, grasping a few pieces of yellow paper. 

The wood floor squeaked and the temperature in the room dropped a lot in a split second. One could even breathe out vapor. 

"Abandon your spell, it is of no use to me." A white shadow floated into the room, with a tall hat saying "Riches come at sight". He stood in the northwest corner of the room.

"Oh, it's you." Chen Ming did not look as serious and nervous as before. He sat up slowly with a smile on his face, "I haven't seen you for a while. What can I do for you?"

The one he called "Xiaobai" had a long neck and a long tongue sticking out of his mouth, but he spoke very clearly: "Have you been lazy lately?"

If it was an ordinary person, he might have been scared out of his wits but Chen Ming was quite calm. He crossed his legs and shook his feet, looking ready for a chat. 

"No." His hands spread. With an innocent expression, he said: " It's a matter of life. How dare I?"

"Forget it." Xiaobai didn’t want to listen to his nonsense. He shook his sleeves and a row of candles went out. Under the moonlight in the room, he saw columns of smoke. "Recently, the eastern suburbs are being haunted. Go have a look."

Chen Ming's eyes darkened. He seemed a little angry and put out the candles he lit with great effort: "What about you,

Xiaobai? Why don't you go there in person?”

Xiaobai turned his head and glared at Chen Ming:" We receive a salary for a job, otherwise you won't have anything

to do. Your death is long overdue. What's more, Xiaobai is not something you mortals should call.” His sound was not loud, but like a bell being struck. His sound reverberated in the room for a long time.

Chen Ming didn't mind the cold look and chuckled: "Yes, Bai Wuchang, thank you."

When Chen Ming regained his composure, the white shadow had disappeared, and the candles on the table burned steadily again.

Seeing that Bai Wuchang left, Chen Ming got up and picked up his things with a curse: "Ouch, you long-tongued devil, you always disturb my sleep. 'Riches come at sight', bullshit! I'm still poor when I see you once or twice a day. " He pulled a small ragged backpack and stuffed into it several bundles of yellow paper with bloody patterns. After zipping up and putting on the backpack, he hurried out of the door. 

After a few steps, Cheng Ming realized he forgot something. He turned back and reentered the room. He went past the long table with the candles to a desk inside. 

It was covered with a variety of spells. Some of the paper was almost in scraps; some looked brand new. There were twenty-four small glass jars. Chen Ming picked up the one on the edge, shook it in front of his eyes, muttered "empty, still usable", and put it into the bag.

This time, before leaving, he snapped his fingers and put out the candles himself.

Hours later, Cheng Ming arrived in the eastern suburbs and saw the restless things Bai Wuchang talked about. 

It was worth mentioning that there were three 'restless' things: a fierce ghost lying on a timid ghost, a timid ghost, and a body that looked exactly like the timid ghost. 

The timid ghost was screaming at the top of its lungs while slapping the fierce ghost's face. It sounded painful. 

Chen Ming would love to see ghosts fight.

He squatted far away to watch the play. He didn't intervene until he saw that the fierce ghost seized the timid ghost by the neck and opened its bloody mouth to swallow it. He stood up slowly and said listlessly," Well, that's it, stop it, hey.”