S I X T Y O N E

A/n i wish i had brought pandora into this ff when i started it but I didn't know much about her and well her and reg being best friends wasn't a big head canon back then.
p.s a/n: i kinda hate this and might re write it also i didn't proof read i'm too lazy to. so sorry for any errors.

July 8th, 1979

Regulus had been 18 not even two weeks when he had decided for certain that he would be going to destroy the horcrux he knew the location of. The only person he told his plan to was Pandora Lovegood, other then Rosier she was the person he could trust the most.

He woke early that morning and left his house with kreacher, he told his parents he was off to see Rosier, which wasn't a total lie. He met up with Pandora in the middle of the woods, quite literally, he couldn't risk being seen or heard.

"You're really going to do this?" she asked the boy in front of her as he dug through his bag.

"You know i have to, P." he said looking through his bag. "It's the only way, the only way to make up for what i did at least some what, the only way he'll be stopped- possibly..." he mumbled the last bit as he pulled out all the letters he had written. "i'll need you to get these to the name on each envelope okay?" he finally looked at her meeting her eyes.

She just nodded as she took them from his hand and into her own small bag. "I promise they'll all get them..." she looked down at her hands as she fiddled with her own fingers, trying not to break down, knowing she was about to lose him. She'd like to stay optimistic but the chances of making it out of the cave alive was very little. Which is why he prepared letters.

"hey... look at me please" He looked down at her. She looked up and sighed netting his eyes, he pulled her into his chest hugging her tightly, she hugged back just as tightly. "thank you for everything" he whispered as he rubbed her back. "you've been there through everything. I can never repay you-"

"you don't have to." she mumbled as she cut him off.

"Still. I love you, P. When you get the locket, anything you can do to destroy it, please."

"I know, i know, Regulus. I will. You have my word." She looked up at him as she pulled away just slightly, still in his arms. "You're my best friend. Always have been, always will be. I love you too Reg." she sniffled a bit nearly crying in front of him.

"Don't act as if this is goodbye, i might be coming back you know." He smiled as he wiped the few tears away.

"Easy for you to say." she laughed as more tears fell.

"I've got to get going before my parents begin to wonder."

"Yes of course" she wiped the tears away and looked up at him. "be careful. and try to come back, please."

"I'll do what i must." he smiled weakly at her as he stepped back. "Now get those to who they belong to, and reads yours only after I'm gone alright?"

She nods and smiles a bit "you got it." pandora then disapparated back to her home.

Regulus put his hand on Kreachers shoulder as a sign that he was ready. Kreacher apparated the two of them to a tall rock about hundred yards from the cave.

"that is it master" Kreacher said as he stared at the opening ahead of them.

Regulus gave a nod as he made a small circle where he stood, looking out into the distance in each way, watching the waves. he then smiled as he looked at the opening of the cave. "This is an excellent last view don't you think?" he looked down at the house elf who had shrugged. "I suppose master regulus."