3

"Alright, I we have three days to turn the two of you into killing machines."
Mai stood besides her new friend Kai Shindo.
The two children were the only "Investments"
That survived the testing.
The man in front of them was their new trainer.

"What's in three days?"
Kai asked calmly from next to Mai.

"In three days you will be entered into the Arena, you will fight every day at least once and slowly climb the ranks.
Starting with ring A the beginner ring And ending with ring C the highest level, if you defeat everyone in ring C you will be named The Champion."

"And if we are named Champion?"
He asked.

"Well if one of you are named Champion. Amaya Keiji gets paid for every month you hold the title. Of course you'll be rewarded as well."
He said calmly.

Kai glared at the man who remained unfazed.

.............

For the past few days the kids trained as much as possible. They trained their quirks, Their bodies and their minds.
They were taught hundreds of different ways to kill a person and how to "put on a show." To entertain the audience they'd be fighting for.

"So tomorrow, it's when we start the fights."
Kai said sitting on the bed beside Mai who was curled up on her own.

"Y-yep."
She whispered.

He laid down and looked up at the ceiling.
"You're gonna do great."

"I don't want to die."
She whispered.
"I used to but now I really really don't."
She confessed sniffling into her pillow.

"Hey it's okay, you won't die, you're strong, I've seen you fight during training."
Kai whispered.

"But, all the other people are strong too, I don't want you to die either."
She whimpered.

Kai got up and laid down next to her wrapping his arms around her.
"I'm not going anywhere Mai, I Swear."
He promised
She curled up and snuggled into his chest crying softly in response.

"I-i I miss Bakugou."
She whispered.

"Who?"
Kai asked listening to his companion carefully.

"He was a boy at my school, he was really mean to me but... This is a lot more scary then him and everyone else."

Kai set his head ontop of hers.
"Keep talking."
He whispered, trying to keep his mind off of tomorrow.

"There was another kid named Midoriya, he was always trying to be my friend but I was scared the other kids would be even more mean to him because of me."
The young kid laughed a little.
"It seems stupid now, the other kids hated him because he was quirkless. So I guess I should have been freinds with him."

"Well when we get out of here you can make friends with him okay?"
Kai said and she only hummed in response as she began to fall asleep.

...................

"OUR NEXT FIGHTERS ARE..."
A loud voice boomed as Mai waited at the door to the Arena called ring A.
She'd been take from her room to another by a guard, she was told to change before she was taken to this waiting room.

Mai dressed in a tight black full body suit.
"THE YESTERDAY'S WINNER, IRON FIST!!"
She could hear cheering from a thin door and her heart pounded in her chest as her mouth dried up.

"AND A NEW RECRUIT!! THE YOUNG SHE-DEMON: FALLEN ANGEL!!!"

Fallen angel was the name Amaya Keiji personally chose for her. He was the man who called them investments and ordered their kidnapping.

The automatic door lifted and a wall slowly pushed Mai into ring A. The crowd laughed cheered and booed after seeing a child being pushed into the arena.
The screens around the arena showed a close-up of her face as Mai looked around gasping for breath, eyes wide and terrified.

"NOW NOW!!! DON'T BE FOOLED BY HER LOOKS!!! AMAYA KEIJI CHOSE THIS GIRL HIMSELF SO SHE MUST BE SOMETHING SPECIAL!!"
The faceless announcer yelled.
"NOW THE CHALLENGE TODAY..."

'Challenge?!'
Mai thought grabbing her chest.

A wheel appeared on the screen spinning it stopped on: the stilts
"ALRIGHT!!! THE STILTS!!! OUR COMPETITORS WILL FIGHT TO THE DEATH AN THESE SMALL SURFACES!!"

The floor began to change from solid metal to a bunch of very small stick- like surfaces.
Mai looked down. At the bottom of the pit were several pointed Spears.

"SAME RULES AS ALWAYS!!! ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS KILL YOUR OPPONENT!!!"

Mai saw a man on the other side of the hole.
He had large metal arms all the way to his elbows.
She gulped.

"THREE."
The announcer and crowd called at once.

"TWO."

She released her wings.
'No point in jumping on those things.'

"ONE!!!"

The man charged jumping from one stick to another.

Mai flew up over the man.
She dove at the man claws out and attacked his face. He stumbled but didn't fall.

She flew back up waiting for an opening.
Then dove again, the man landed a hit on the girl throwing her across the arena.

She started to fall but caught herself last minute. She struggled to pull herself up as the man made his way back to her.
He stomped on her hand causing her to scream in pain as the bones in her fingers snapped.
She used her super human strength to throw her body up and the caught herself with her wings.

As she dove a second time she punched him causing him to lose his balance and stumble back. she punched him again.

His heavy hands made it impossible to stop himself from falling.

"I'm sorry."
The young girl whispered under her breath as she carefully landed She couldn't help but peer over the edge of the sticks and make sure the man was out.

She gulped after seeing his impaled form at the bottom of the pit. A crimson colored spike stuck through his stomach.

"SEE WHAT DID I TELL YOU?!! WE HAVE A REAL WINNER HERE DONT WE?!?!?"
The crowd cheered in excitement chanting.
"FALLEN ANGEL!! FALLEN ANGEL!!"
The sound made the small child want to barf as she stumbled away and out the door.

She was taken by a man but was numb to everything around her.
When she got to her room she couldn't hold her lunch down anymore.
She threw up and slowly stumbled into the shower.
She didn't think to take off her suit, her mind was so numb with the thoughts of the man at the bottom of the pit circled in her mind.

And the fact that she put him there.

"Murderer."
She whispered before sobbing into her arms sitting at the bottom of the showers.