Canyon Moon

Vic

Sophia and I sat down for breakfast this morning for the first time in 2 weeks, but it felt like over a month now... life has been going so fast lately. I missed her, and I missed when I was only 10 feet away from her office, I miss lunch together every day... but I'm also grateful that I've been having these moments with Harry.

"So...how's being officially a solo act treating you?? Any fun gigs lined up?" She asked me and I took a sip of my coffee and shrugged.

"I'm just doing a lot of stuff at the studio with Harry's team, taking shots for promo and this video thing that I'm 'not allowed to talk about' I guess." I said, mocking Harry's accent and lowering my voice.

"And, uh....how is that?" She asked awkwardly and I furrowed my brows.

"Good? It's just hanging out with everyone and watching them work I guess- it's fun." I replied and she shook her head and took a bite of bacon.

"No not that- Harry." It took me by surprise that she was asking about him.

"Well...he uh, asked me to be his girlfriend." I said and she nodded and took another bite of her bacon and set it back on her plate, taking a sip of her coffee.

"Courtney asked me to move in." She replied and my jaw fell open. This was such excited news, even if it was just to divert the conversation, I was happy to hear that the queen of commitment issues found someone perfect. It wasn't easy for her to get here and for her to have found someone she's so serious about makes me so happy.

"She did?! That's amazing!" I exclaimed and reach over squeezing her hand and she gave me a warm smile. "Wait, did you say yes?" I asked quickly and she laughed.

"Yeah, we're moving the last of my stuff this afternoon." She said, fighting back a smile.

"You did?! The queen of commitment issues?! That's amazing Soph... are you freaking out?" I said loudly and she chuckled and rolled her eyes.

"A little...but like, not in a bad way at all. It's just... a big change. A very new chapter." She said back and I smiled. A new chapter... that's really where I feel Harry and I are, we've turned a new page and everything feels so natural and so sure.

"You said yes I assume?" She asked and I tilted my head and looked at her for a moment confused, before I connected it back to her previous question.

"Yeah, I did." I replied and she gave me a small smile and nodded.

"Are you freaking out?"

"I don't think so... it feels so different this time. I'm really happy." I told her and she nodded and reached over grabbing my hand.

"We're actually those happy people... who would've guessed." She said and we both laughed together. "This doesn't mean I like him now." She added and I shrugged. As much as I wanted her to like him so we could all be coexist with each other but, I understand her where she's coming from.

"I get it." I responded, I didn't want to push her on the matter.

"And you're sure? You're happy?" She asked and I thought for a moment and nodded. I am happy, I am so happy. He has shown me that he is changing and that he is trying. He has proven to me that he cares.

"I'm really happy." I said with a big smile and she nodded and sipped her coffee.

"Then I'm happy for you."

-

Walking into the studio for the first day of recording was like walking into a circus. Mitch and Elin were off towards the back with big headphones on, playing their guitars and talking to one another as they pointed at different lines on their sheets sitting on the music stands in front of them. Harry was leaning on the back on the piano looking down at the open pages of his journal as Nyoh, Pauli, and Niji were all circling around an iPad mumbling to one another, and lastly, Sarah sat at a small electronic drum set with her headphones on and only covering one ear, focus clear on her face. Before entering the room I aimed my camera at the group, hard at work, and took a photo.