Meeting The Second Male Lead Is Quite Anticlimactic

When Athanasia arrived at the Palace from the Alpheus manor, she immediately smacked the head of the perpetrator who had thrown her at that place.

"Ack!" Lucas held his head with a dumbfounded expression. "You're the first to hit me like this, but what for? I only sent you there because you said you wanted to be friends with Whitey's son."

'Do you think I'm stupid, huh?'

Athanasia stared at Lucas intensely, holding back the anger for the stupid reason the magician had just uttered.

"Yes, yes, I was wrong. Don't be mad." Lucas finally relented.

"Promise me you won't do this again every time you want."

Lucas didn't answer, instead he averted his gaze and stared out of the window.

"Lucas!"

"Yes I promise." Lucas grunted. "But I didn't promise about your sister."

Athanasia stopped her walk towards the sofa opposite Lucas. "What do you mean?"

"Earlier your sister came here when you were still enjoying your time with Whitey's son." Lucas said, and Athanasia  start to get panic. "She asked where you were. I said I sent you out because you said it be better if you befriend Whitey's son instead of me, and she agreed with your opinion. So I sent her to befriend with Whitey's son after I brought you home."

And now Athanasia really panic, she got up and walked over to Lucas and started shake Lucas violently. "What are you doing!? What if something happend to my sister!? She's still a child! What would happen if Alpheus found her in his lair?!"

If anything happened to Bellatrix, then Athanasia would lose her best ally!

"H-hey, stop it!" Athanasia stopped shaking Lucas, but she still shoot him with a smoldering glare.

Lucas took a deep breath. "What do you think will happen to your sister? Just look at you now, you're all right after comeback from Whitey's house, right? Why do you think she won't be the same?"

"That's because Bellatrix is ​​different from me!"

Bellatrix is ​​different from Athanasia, who remembers her old life, who knows what will happen in this world from the novels she reads. Bellatrix was just an ordinary kid.

(In the future, Athanasia will laugh at what the past-her used to think.)

"You're right, Bellatrix is ​​different from you." Lucas casually agreed to her words. "The difference is that she can easily get out of there even without my help. She's not like you, who have to shout out my name to get out of there."

Lucas' words just now really pierced her heart. Since what this brat said was true, Athanasia wouldn't be able to get out of Whitey's house if it weren't for Lucas.

'But it's also his fault to begin with, of course he has to take responsibility, right?'

"I've heard all the rumors about that kid." Lucas said, pulling Athanasia to sit beside him. "Life outside the Palace as a member of the Imperial family without protection is very dangerous. You already know that many are after your lives, right? Not only from outside the Empire but from within as well?"

Athena nodded softly, She still remembered how Bellatrix casually mentioned the assassins who wanted her life everyday when she was still outside the Palace.

"How do you think she's been able to live until now?" Lucas asked, looking at Atanasia with his instense ruby ​​eyes. "Asking for people's protection is difficult in her circumstances. I heard she also lived as a commoner before this, so it must be impossible. And the only way she has is to fight back, and eliminate them before they have the chance to eliminate her."