Sins and Tragedies

“You look surprised—“ Kellan says with a grin, “Is it that hard to believe?” 

I frown, “Well the only resemblance I see is your award winning personality.” I reply to which his grin grows more, “You really must have pissed my brother off with that mouth of yours—I however find it to be very refreshing.”

“I guess I’m loosing my touch than…” I comment dryly. Kellan chuckles and then lets his eyes roam over my body making me once again aware about the fact that I am only covered up by my own hands. I glare at him, “Keep your eyes on my face buddy or you won’t have any eyes left.” One of the wolves behind him growled at me for my threat to which I stuck my tongue out at them. If I was going to die I was going to die with my dignity still intact. 

“I apologize for making you uncomfortable it was not my intention—If you’d like I can turn my back to you and we can finish this stimulating conversation?” He asks me but it feels kind of like he’s mocking me. I frown again and then nod my head. He grins but slowly turns his back to me which reveals more scars, “Better?” 

“Much—“ I say quickly. Now most people would probably use this moment to escape but I’m not stupid. There is no way he would turn his back to a stranger so confidently if there wasn’t ways to ensure his safety or that I didn’t escape. “What do you want from me?” I ask knowing he was keeping me here for a reason. 

“I just want to have a chat while I wait for my brother to show up—We both know you’ve already called him here to come help you.” He says in a calm tone. I tense up at his words, “I don’t know what you’re talking about…” 

“Oh come now—you didn’t expect me to believe the little story you spun for me. Anyone with eyes would know that mark on your neck is a claiming and I know it’s my brothers claim…” Kellan says in a mocking voice. “So let’s make an agreement now to not lie to each other anymore.” He peered over his shoulder at me with amusement but I could tell by his tone he wouldn’t react so kindly if he caught me lying to him again. He looked away from me, “I’m curious about this development though—you’ve heard about Claire right? Noah’s true mate?” 

For the first time the thought of Noah having another mate causes me to feel a little bit of pain in my chest but I push it away, “I’m aware of her and that she died…”  

“Did he happen to tell you how his precious mate died?” His voice is full of amusement which makes me shift uncomfortably. When I don’t say anything in response he chuckles, “I’ll take that as a no—Since we have all this time together why don’t I tell you a story about my little brother…” I stood silently praying that Noah would show up quickly and kick his brothers ass. 

“Noah used to be just like me—actually he was probably worse.” His words shock me. I had never heard of a rogue being able to come back from that. It was tales we had been told as children to scare us and keep us following the rules our parents and the pack set for us. Once you went rogue there was no going back. You didn’t have any bonds anymore—no mate, no alpha, no pack—you no longer had your humanity—you were just a beast hidden behind a human veneer. 

I glare at him, “That’s a lie. Everyone knows it impossible to return from the red-eyes.”