Ch. 23 - Pull The Dagger

Loki

I noticed Monet's face quickly change from her eyes being closed and her smiling happily to them shooting open and her face contorting to awfully painful look.

"Loki..." she quietly whispered and slowly removed herself from Thor's hold as she looked downwards. I shifted my eyes down as well to where she was looking.

Looking at wooden floor of her room, I saw dark red dripping onto it. I traced it back with my eyes to where it was coming from, to see Thor's hand wrapped around a dagger, deeply impaled in Monet's skin.

"THOR, WHAT HEL!" I yelled at the top of my lungs. He pushed Monet back and she stumbled away, beginning to lose her balance. I sped towards her to catch her before she could hit the ground with impact, and instead laid her down softly.

I turned my head to look at Thor, smiling sinisterly. A dagger appeared in my hand as I threw it at his neck and it pieced him, causing him to fall bag against the fall, while another already forming in the other hand. I used the second dagger to point at him and stood up, slowly approaching him.

"Who. Are. You." I said, the words seething through my teeth.

"You failed, Loki," he said, the voice straining to come out of his throat as he already began choking on his own blood. However this voice, that came out of his mouth, it wasn't Thor. No, it was something else very familiar. Something unsettling. A voice that could kill the birds chirping with one word if it wanted to.

"You failed, and he's coming," he continued. "He's coming for you," his eyes shifter to Monet, then back to me, "for all of you."

I tried to run toward him and stab the dagger through his chest, but ran through him instead as he disappeared into dust.

"Shit," I muttered.

"L-Loki?" I heard soft whimpers coming from the other side of the room.

I quickly ran towards her and sheathed my daggers away. "No no no, please." I repeated while kneeling beside her. One of my legs was bent flat o the floor, where I lifted and placed her head on my lap, and the other was bent upwards, with only my foot on the ground.

"Loki, make it stop, please," Monet's broken voice begged at a volume which was barely able to be heard.

"Shhh shh, I will I will. Don't worry, lovely."

Blood had already begun to spill out extremely fast, considering the dagger was still in her. Her head began to tilt away as she started to face the other direction, but I quickly stopped her by placing my hand on the side of her face and lightly pushing it back towards me.

"I need you to keep your eyes on me, okay?" I assumed her way not of saying yes was simply continuing to look as me and not look away. "Now," I continued as I lifted one of my hands to wrap around the dagger, "I'm going to have to pull the dagger out of y-"

She immediately began shaking her head as much as she could, signalling her disagreeing, but I'm afraid she couldn't have an input on the situation.

"Monet, please. It's the only way. Please, please." I had never begged this miserably before. I had never begged at all actually.

She continued to disagree and grabbed my arm to attempt to pull my hand off the dagger. I let her, knowing that even if she keep saying no, I would be able to easily hold onto the dagger again without struggle.

"Here, I will lighten the pain so it won't nearly be as painful as it normally would be." I tried to convince her but wasn't able to lie to her face, so I continued. "But, you will still definitely feel and it will still hurt. Only, for sure, not as much. Alright?"

I hoped she would agree with my idea, as it would've shown her trust in me coming back, and shown that we can go back to our old ways again. To my pleasure, she hesitantly nodded her head and let go of my arm, allowing me to clutch the dagger back. A green mist surrounded her wounds as I numbed it as much as I could and once she closed her eyes I began pulling.

Once I was a bit more than halfway through, Monet's whimpering and breathing grew heavier and sharper, as more and more tears began to come out of her closed eyes.

Her eyes shot open and she started to beg me to wait.

"Monet, I cannot stop. I must keep going. We're almost done, it won't be much longer now, I promise."

"Please Loki, it hurts." She kept repeating the last phrase, over and over again. I hated doing this.

"I know," I softly whispered, bending down to kiss her forehead. "I know, darling. But it will be over with soon." She slowly closed her eyes again, before asking one more thing.

"Can...can you do it quickly?" she requested. I was taken aback by her request and asked again to make sure that's what she truly wanted, and she confirmed.

"Okay, ready?" I asked, but before allowing her time to answer I pulled it all out as quick as I could with the last amount of damage. She let out a pained cry and squeezed her eyes even tighter as I did so.

I threw the dagger away, not caring where it went and kept all of my attention on her. I don't know how and I don't know why but whenever my attention would be on her, it couldn't be on anything else at the same time. Only Monet.

I brought my hand to the wound with one hand and applied pressure before I started the healing and with the other, pushed more of the sweat-filled hair out of her face.

I bent down closer to her face and whispered, "I'm so proud of you. So fucking proud of you."

She opened her eyes back up and looked me in the way. "That was so fucking painful," she said through a small chuckle. I had no idea how she does it. She think of anything or anyone in an optimistic way, completely changing the mood and environment around her. And it attracted me towards her every time.

"I will begin to heal you now and don't worry," I said while wiping the most recent tears from her tear-stained face, "this healing process doesn't hurt one bit. This is because I won't be able to heal anything due to the limitations of my powers, but I will still stop the bleeding." She kept her eyes on me and kept nodding in understanding. "Because of this, I will have to call your big green friend," she smiled  softly at my statement, making me smile too, "and summon them here quickly to come help."

She didn't say anything, only looked a me for several seconds. She then raised her hand up to my cheeks she began speaking. "There's something special about you, Loki. Something special to me." And with that, she brought her arm back down and shut her eyes, falling into a well-deserved rest.

"There's something special about you as well, Monet," I whispered so softly, I was the only one able to hear it.

And with that, I began to heal her.

~~

A/N: Yay guys, she's fine!