chapter 37

"What the hell happened?" My sister says to me.

"I screwed up. Big time. Cain kissed me but I was so shocked that I didn't push him away. Ryujin saw everything" I start rubbing my arm.

"You're not going to follow her and try to talk to her?" She ask.

"I'm afraid" I look down.

"Why?" She gives me a scornful look.

"What if she decides to end it?" Just saying it breaks my heart.

"Not talking about it can also end your relationship so either way there's a possibility of it ending. You have nothing to lose" she tells me.

"You're right. I should probably go" I say while slowly walking towards the house.

Just the thought of her being angry with me scares me. The thought of her saying it's over is already breaking me. How can I be so dumb?

I make it in front of my bedroom door, I take a deep breath and knock on the door. She opens it and walks away, "It's your room. You don't have to knock" she says coldly. That's the first time she's ever talked to me like that.

I walk in, feeling my body tremble.

"I'm sorry" I say.

"Am I wasting my time?" She looks at me while she's sitting on the bed.

"What?" I sound confuse.

"Am I wasting my time? I'm willing to wait for you but if in the end you won't choose me then am I wasting my time?" She clarifies.

I sit next to her, "No you're not. I'm sorry about everything earlier. I didn't expect him to kiss me. I was shocked. Since you saw the kiss, you saw how I reacted too."

She exhales loudly and leans back using her arms to support her, "I know. It's just, I actually felt scared that I finally have a chance to be with you and I thought you were gonna go with someone else."

"Who is he anyways?" She ask.

"My ex boyfriend from high school. He wanted to get back together" I say.

She frowns, "You said no, right?"

"Would I be here with you right now if I said yes?" I chuckle.

"I love you, Yeji" she says while looking at me.

"I love you and only you. I genuinely want to know what the future holds for us" I say.

"We should probably go back downstairs" she laughs.

"Do we have to? I kind of want to stay and cuddle with you" I pout.

She stands up and offers me her hand, "As much as I would love that. I'd like to make a good impression with your family."

I take her hand and as soon as I stand up, I hug her. She hugs me back right away. "I love being in your arms" I say.

"I love having you in my arms" she replies. She pulls me away, "But we really should go downstairs."

After some more convincing, I finally agree to go back to the barbecue and introduce Ryujin to the rest of my family. I feel like everything is going fast between us but I really don't care. I'm choosing to live in the moment with Ryujin.

Surprisingly, a lot of people were accepting of Ryujin. They say she has this charm that just makes you like her. She's so easy going that people just naturally feel comfortable with her.

After all the introduction, she ask if she could bond with Eva. So I'm currently watching her playing with my daughter. My heart can't contain the happiness it's feeling watching the two interact.

My sister sits next to me, "I see you two worked it out."

"Yes we did. It was new to me. There wasn't screaming or yelling or throwing anything. Is this what a nontoxic relationship feels like?" I ask.

She chuckles, "I'm glad you found her. She seems good for you and she's doing great with Eva. Apparently, other kids like her too."

"What do you mean?" I frown.

She points at where Ryujin is and I see other kids have decided to play with her too. I smile and I subconsciously touch my stomach. I feel relief to have her in my life but then I remember that she's going home soon. We haven't really had a discussion about our situation and where we would stay when the time comes. I'm still glad I won't feel alone during this pregnancy because I'll be with my sister.

"Eva is turning two, you should see if she can stay longer" my sister ask.

"She has work, Karina. She still has a life in the states" I sigh.

"When is she leaving?" She ask.

"In a few days" I answer.

"Are you gonna you know? Do the deed with her?" She smirks.

"Karina! I'm not ready for that. I'm really nervous since I've never done it with a girl. I'm also nervous that she might get impatient and find another girl to do it with."

"I don't see her doing that. Throughout this whole day, she has only eyes for you. I've seen some of our cousins hit on her and she only looks at you" She laughs.

"Who's hitting on her!?" I blurt out.

"Calm down jelly Yeji. You have nothing to worry about" she says.

I continue watching Ryujin play with Eva and the other kids. I feel bad for Ryujin, the kids turned her into a jungle gym. Kids hanging from her arms, her legs while carrying Eva. Looking at her, makes me want to have a big family with her.

"With that look in your eyes, I have a feeling if Ryujin can get you pregnant, you'd have 10 kids by now" she teases then runs away.

"Karina!" I yell while chasing after her.

I laugh as I enjoy the moment. It's been so long since I've felt this relaxed with my family. I'm usually always tense when I come home because Dana would aways say something rude or make someone uncomfortable.

"Ryujin! Come with us!" I hear Travis yell.

Ryujin gives Eva to my mom then runs to him but I don't know what they're saying. I look at Karina to see if she knows.

"Where are they going?" I ask, worried.

"Racing probably" she shrugs

I panic because I don't know if Ryujin knows how to drive a dirt bike. I look over and I see they're gone already. I grab my phone and I see a text from her.

masteryu: I'll be back. Went with Travis and some of your cousins. I love you.

kitty_purrfect: stay safe. Do you know how to drive a dirt bike?

masteryu: Yes I do. I'm technically not allowed according to my mother but what she doesn't know won't kill me lol.

kitty_purrfect: please be careful. I know how reckless you can be!

masteryu: Do I not get an I love you back 😫

kitty_purrfect: I love you too doofus

"I hope to always see you this happy" my sister comments.

"I can't help it. She's so sweet. She makes me feel like this is my first relationship. I never realized how badly I let my exes treat me."

"Let's go drink while they're gone. We should be able to have fun too" my sister cheers.

I laugh and just go along with her.