Chapter 87

Heya!

As some of you might have guessed, I got sick (lol I also lost my voice during that time)  and I just recovered yesterday hence the late update...

Sorry 'bout that!

it's a sad chapter btw.

Chapter Start

3rd pov:

Later that day~

Draken stood frozen with his eyes unblinking, staring at the figure lying on the hospital bed in disbelief. He hope- he wish to see her chest moving up and down to show signs of her breathing. He was desperate to find any flicker of life for his dearest.

But in the end, he was met by the cold silence that lingers with only the sound of the ticking clock hang on the wall at the side. He was in denial.

He was in denial to accept that his friend- his love was now gone. Emma would never be back. He would never hear her sweet voice again. He would never see her beautiful smile again. He would never be comforted by her presence again. He is afraid to lose all that.

He is afraid to lose Emma.

Emma was gone. She was stolen from him. From his life by the god of death. Oh how quick did the god act that yesterday they were still talking with each other. If only he knew that this would happen. If only...

Draken was desperate for revenge.

"What is this?" Finally, Draken spoke.

Mikey, Emma's brother, is sitting motionless outside her room. Eyes sucked out of emotion. It was lifeless, dull, and broken beyond repair.

Finally after a few minutes passed Draken turn around and walk out of the room. He ignored Takemichi's call, pass by the two people sitting outside and said, "Mikey... Let's go outside for a bit."

"... Draken-kun..." Takemichi muttered as he watch Draken disappear from his sight with Mikey slowly trailing behind.

Two people stood facing each other outside the hospital. One was looking down on the ground not wanting to look at his taller friend in the eye for he was afraid to see the look on the other's face. The taller friend look at his short friend with not a hint of joy on his face. A serious and tense atmosphere lingering between them.

"What happened?" Draken ask his dearest's brother.

"..." Mikey did not utter any word. He could not find any voice to speak. Perhaps he could not find an excuse to say. This was all his fault after all.

Draken took a few steps forward and suddenly punch Mikey surprising Takemichi at the side.

"You were there, how could this happen?" Draken questioned to which he was answered by silence.

"Hey... Mikey..." Draken spoke while clenching his fists at his sides trying to restrain his anger. "What the f*ck were you doing?!" He shouted with pure anger. His face is livid as he glared at Mikey.

Seeing this Takemichi immediately knelt and place his forehead on the ground and loudly said, "It was my fault!!!"

"I was closest to her around that time, but I could not save her!!" Takemichi admitted. "It wasn't Mikey-kun's fault!"

"It's all my fault!" He then lifted up his head and desperately look at Draken's back and he said, "So Draken-kun, please!! If there's anyone to blame its me!"

"You shouldn't be punching Mikey-kun!!" But Takemichi's desperate shouting was ignored. Draken punch Mikey again much harder that the previous one.