Chapter-58

ᴡᴇ'ʀᴇ ᴅʀɪᴠɪɴɢ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ᴀ ᴏɴᴇ-ᴡᴀʏ ʀᴏᴀᴅ
ᴛᴏ ꜱᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ʙᴇᴛᴛᴇʀ, ꜱᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ʙᴇᴛᴛᴇʀ
.........

Today's the big day.

I am finally going back to work. I just got done with physiotherapy last week, it wasn't..something I really liked. First of all, I feel like a penguin with this big stomach. What if babies grew on trees..it'd be better.

Alot happened the in last three months, Logan got a promotion, Marissa divorced Pete..his company faced a huge loss. She lives in a cute small apartment now and she's really nice. She makes the best food..and her relationship with Chase is getting better too. My stomach got bigger and we finally know the gender of the babies..well not we..Alec does. He wanted to be the first one to know.

I and Chase got secretly married, it was a small ceremony with just our close friends..just kidding.

Chase was half sitting-half lying on the bed as I twirled in my dress.

"I don't know why you feel like you have to work." Not this again.

"I thought this topic was over." I rolled my eyes.

"You can work from home too..why do you have to go to the office?" He asked, getting annoyed. I'll punch your nose boy.

"Because I'm sick of staying at home all day and I'm pregnant not dying..stop making it a big deal, I'll make Pico scratch your pretty face!" I warn him.

"What if I say you don't have your job anymore?" He asked, raising a brow.

"Are you kidding me? You'll take my job away from me because I want to work?" I ask, taking off my slipper. He's asking for it.

"I don't want you to get hurt again..and you're getting paid the same if you work from home!" He sighed.

"It's not about the salary, I want to get out of here!" I exclaimed.

"I have a new assistant." He admitted.

"You what?!"

"I have a new-" He didn't get to complete his sentence because my slipper connected his head before he could.

"Fuck off." I snatched it back from him and stormed out of the room. I heard him calling my name, I ignored him, carefully running down the stairs and out of his stupid house.

"Celeste.." He said as the elevator doors closed. First time this useless thing worked in my favour. I flipped him off, as he disappeared.

Stupid man is calling me now, I block his number, walking to..nowhere in particular. I don't have money with me.

I kicked a stone with me, I don't know why it decided to fly. I didn't even kick it that hard, it hit a girl who was in a hurry. Oops.

"I'm sorry." I apologise, grimacing. She looked at me up and down before walking away. Could've said it's okay atleast, rude.

There's a delicious aroma coming from the cafe I'm standing outside of. Wait..I can pay with google pay. I got some cupcakes and hot chocolate for myself. Is there anything like too much chocolate? Nah.