chapter 19

i left a note on my profile as well if you wanna check that out
anyhow, continuing:

"Isabela's Arm"

You woke up on a bed, but it didn't feel like yours. It wasn't yours. You soon righted yourself and all the memories from last night came rushing back. You felt.. bad. There was no way else to explain it. You look around. Colorful drawings and scribbles were on the walls, adding vibrancy to the dull green wallpaper. You looked out the window.

It had to be around the crack of dawn. Beside you on another bed was a snoring Mirabel, with her hair a mess and her glasses still on her face, but a little wonky.

You trudged out of bed to go find your mom. Casita's tiles clacked in greeting, but a sympathetic one. You didn't respond. When you got to the stairs, they folded into a slide. Looking down at it, you sighed, sat down, and slid into the main area. Casita made the stairs stairs again after that.

You found Pepa, Julieta and Bruno in the kitchen together. "Hey kid, you're up." Bruno's voice was soft and a little hoarse. You let him pat your back. Pepa had a small cloud of rain over her head. You didn't care. You let them talk over you for a while before announcing in a mumbled voice, "I'll go see my mom."

Your mom was in the same spot as last time. Except now, there were bowls stacked up next to her. Julieta was feeding her in the night. You stared at her. At least now you saw her chest rise and fall. "You scared me." You mumbled again. Tears welled up. Why was it? That was dumb. You felt dumb. Like a dumb little kid.

You knelt down next to her. "Just wake up already." You sighed. You planted a kiss on her forehead. Turning around, you saw Isabela passing by, flowers sprouting on her skin. She looked as if she was in distress. Since you had nothing better to do, you followed.

You saw Isabela vigorously scrubbing at the flowers and greenery that kept growing on her skin. A small ever-growing pile of plant life on the ground. "Why won't it stop?" She muttered. The more she scrubbed, the more it grew. The skin around the plants were red from the scrubbing. "Careful." You say, stepping out from your hiding place.

She jumped, dropping the brush. "Y/N!"She hid her arm, still growing a little garden on her skin. "I saw the whole thing." You say. She sighed and held out her hand. It's red. A bit more scrubbing and it would have bled. "Since this morning, it wouldn't stop." Powers malfunctioning, just like Camilo and Julieta.

You wanted to help. At least maybe that would distract you from your mom possibly not waking up. "Did Señor Bruno tell you anything? Like maybe about a candle spark?" Isabela thought for a bit but shook her head. You nod. "Alright. It's okay. You gotta tell your mom and the others though."

"I will, don't worry."