Chapter 4

"Skyla, wake up. We're going to New-Zealand remember." my dad said trying to wake me up. That won't work, I'm a heavy sleeper.

"Five more minutes." I sighed as I put my pillow on my head, trying to block all sound from reaching me.

"C'mon, try to hurry we got to catch our flight." he said and he pulled the covers off my bed.

"Was that really necessary?" I groaned as I rubbed my eyes.

"You can skip breakfast if you want to, but you gotta change." he said as he sat down on my bed, carefully brushing some hair out of my face.

"Fine, I'll be out in a few minutes." I said and I pulled the covers over me again, feeling the warmth of my blanket made me all tired again.

"Okay, but promise that you'll get out of bed." my father sighed, giving me a stern look before walking out.

I walked to my closet and grabbed one of my many pairs of shorts, and it had cute braces on it. Underneath that I had a patterend top that showed off my stomach alot. And with that I grabbed my leather heels, and purse.( see picture)

I'm a pretty small person, so I wear heels alot. And when I don't people make fun of it, but I've learned to just laugh with them.

I walked outside, and my dad didn't look happy with the clothes I had on.

"Don't you need a jacket with that?" he asked as he pinched me in my stomach, making me giggle a bit.

"No, I think I'll be fine." I said, looking down my body.

"Okay, fine. Your luggage is already in the car, I think we're ready to leave." Lee said as he grabbed his car keys.

We all stepped into the car, and I sat in the back together with Peter.

"Have you already made my lines?" I asked, looking at his laptop.

"Yes, and your character has a few awesone things!" Peter exclaimed overly excited, which also made me very excited

"Like what?" I asked as I clasped my hands together.

"You're gonna be a fighter, just like your brother. And I maybe want you to fall in love with a dwarf." he said but, of course, he whispered the last part.

"Okay..." I sighed afraid of my father's reaction.

"Dad, how long will it take to get to the airport?" I asked as I leaned forward.

"Like twenty minutes, why?" he asked confused by my curiosity.

"I've never been in an airplane before, I'm scared." I whispered in the hope that Peter wouldn't hear me.

"Don't worry, I'll get you through this." he whispered back as he kept his eyes on the road. He definitely felt happy that he could help me through something like that, and be a good parent.

When we arrived at the airport, all the paparazzi came to me and started to ask alot of questions.

"Skyla, what's it like to be adopted by a famous actor?" one of them asked as they put a microphone into my face.

"Skyla, c'mon we gotta hurry." my father said and he put one hand on my back so he could push me towards the correct gate.

Peter was behind me, making sure no-one would get closer, that was really kind of him.

When we got on our plane, I got the window seat. And my dad sat next to me, when I heard a little boy cry and saying we were going to crash I started to panic as well.

"Dad, am I going to die?" I asked really serious as I grabbed his hand.

"No, sweetheart. Nothing will happen to you, you'll be fine." he said calmly, kissing my forehead carefully.

"First time on an airplane?" Peter asked and he looked at me while I was almost crying in fear.

"Yes, she always found an excuse not to go. But now she has to face her fears." my dad said and he put one arm around me so he could rubmy shoulder soothingly.

"Dad, I'm scared." I said as I started squeezing his hand.

"The plane is now ready to take off, we're leaving the ground." I heard the captain say and I started to panic even more.

"Dad, can you promise me we'll be alright?" I asked as I looked outside and I could see everything on the ground getting smaller.

"I promise you'll be alright, but you need to say to yourself that you're not scared." he said calmly as he let go of my hand.

I immediately grabbed his upper-arm, and I hugged it tight.

"Skyla, you told me yourself you weren't a little kid anymore. Why don't you prove it then?" he asked calmly and he pulled my hands off his arm.

"I can't stop thinking about crashing down." I whispered in his ear, looking up at him.

"Try to go to sleep, I'll wake you up when we're landing." Lee said and he carefully rubbed my shoulder.

I then quickly put my head on his shoulder, and snuggeled into his shirt. I closed my eyes, and hold onto his torso.

I could still hear them discussing something, and I loved to listen to them. Especially Lee, he has a lovely voice.

"Has she really never been on an airplane?" Peter asked.

"No," my dad sighed, "need any help with the script?"

"Yes, thank you." he anwsered happily.

Then I just tried to fall asleep, in the hope that I wouldn't be scared anymore. And it kinda worked...