18|Distraction

Hermione Granger was perceived by a majority of the school as bossy, a know it all, a third of the golden trio, and rather boring other than that

Hermione Granger was perceived by a majority of the school as bossy, a know it all, a third of the golden trio, and rather boring other than that. If she were not Harry Potter's best friend, she may have been able to slip by, unnoticed at Hogwarts.

Fred Weasley was undeniably popular, half the fame owed to his identical half. He was referred to as one of the Weasley twins. They were popular, humorous, mischievous, notorious for pranks, and famous as of their "teammates of Gryffindor Quidditch" status.

Though now, two perceptions were changed. Hermione Granger was no longer Ron's best mate, and Fred Weasley was no longer just Ron's older brother.

"Harry! If you miss another meeting because you've landed yourself detention, then there's nothing left I can do to help you." Hermione lamented, glancing over her shoulder, hair flying messily around her shoulders as she did so.

"I didn't fairly earn detention. They're out to get me Hermione, you know that."

She gave him a look of disappointment mixed with the slightest bit of sympathy. "You are deliberately speaking out against her. Would it kill you to just keep your mouth shut?"

"Hey there, love". Hermione was abruptly stopped as she collided with Fred's chest.

She stepped back a bit, looking up at him with a blush on her face. Her temperament had completely disappeared, and the smallest of smiles played on her lips. "What did you just call me?"

"Love." He smirked down at her before quickly throwing a glance to Harry. "Run." he mouthed.

"Where's George?" Hermione inquired.

"Does it matter?" Fred asked, letting his hand fall naturally onto her waist.

Hermione felt a twinge in her stomach as he did so, biting her lip she shook her head and brushed a stand of hair out of her face.  "No I suppose not."

"You're blushing Granger?" Fred said in a lower tone.

"Am I?" She inquired, trying not to let her voice catch as she tried to avoid the eyes' of passerby.

Fred's eyes fell to her lips, but she pushed against his chest. "No. Absolutely not."

"What? I didn't do anything?" He innocently provided.

"You were about to. And I am not going to snog you in the middle of the corridor."

"Are you embarrassed of me, Granger?" Fred teased, noticing the increased blush on her face.