I'm Never Enough Pt. 2 (LM & daughter! reader)

Introduction:
It's been around two and a half years since Lucius and Y/N's fight. When he finally realises what a horrible father he has been, will he do anything about it? Or will it be too late to fix his relationship with his daughter?

PS: This is a request from Encantadiafan12  on Wattpad & Tumblr. Thank you for your request!

Also: This includes both a sad ending and a happy ending. Choose which one you would like! The first one is the sad one, which is the original ending.

Word count: 1.2k (sad ending), 1.4k (happy ending)

Published: 1/25/2022
———————————————

TW: Angst - bad father-daughter relationship

Ever since her fight with her father, Y/N Malfoy has barely spoken to him. If even said a word at all.

That year, she did as she was told - she did not come home for Christmas. Neither did she the year after that.

In fact, she hasn't for three times in a row.

This saddens her mother quite a bit - she has missed her little girl during the best time of the year.

Her brother is saddened by it as well - the first time, the boy was thrilled to be the centre of attention. However, it got quite boring the year after. He missed his little sister.

Her father, however, didn't seem to be faced at all - he didn't mention her once.

The only time Y/N Malfoy is actually home is during the summer break. She's sleeping over at her friends' houses most of the time, though.

She rarely sees her family, and they rarely see her.

The girl simply can't stay there as long as her father is there as well.

It breaks her heart, knowing that she's in the presence of someone who doesn't love her. Perhaps even hates her.

Therefore, she has decided to ignore him, pretending he doesn't exist. She has slowly started to believe that she doesn't have a father anymore.

Which might be the best for her mental health.

Their non-existing relationship is affecting the whole family. Narcissa is sad all the time while Draco is irritated and grumpy.

This situation isn't helping their other situation - the Dark Lord.

As Y/N has barely been home, she hasn't seen the new residents of Malfoy Manor, the Dark Lord and her aunt Bellatrix.

Which is why she hasn't received the Dark Mark like her big brother.

Draco could really use his sister's support - the boy is scared.

However, he doesn't want her to worry about him or become even more sad. She's already broken from the way Lucius has treated her.

So instead, Draco protects his sister by not telling her what's going on at home nor by telling her their missions for the Dark Lord.

It's Y/N's fifth year and Draco's last at Hogwarts, the Dark Lord has been living at Malfoy Manor for almost two and a half years now.

All their failures and unsuccessful missions have made the Malfoys stick together and support each other more than ever - which might be why Lucius is sighing to himself, feeling rather sad.

He won't admit it out loud, he's too proud to do that, but he's starting to miss his daughter.

That's right, the daughter he has never paid attention to. He has finally come to realise how horrible he has been towards her.