Chapter Eleven

Chapter 11 (Rebecca's Pov)

Griphook, Harry and I make our way to the Potter vault in the cart. When we get there, we can see the Potter vault door is gold, with the Potter crest carved into it.
Harry and I get out of the mining cart, and slowly make our way towards our family's vault, our parents vault. I take a deep breath, and slowly exhale through my mouth, trying to calm my nerves.

"Are you alright mommy?" Skye asks, as Vasuki nuzzles me to try to comfort me.

"Yes, just a little nervous, my parents portrait could be in there. I could see them again, talk to them again... It's just a little nerve wrecking." I whisper, holding my familiars close to me for support.

"Come on Rebecca. We won't know unless we look, no good getting ourselves worked up out here if they aren't even in there. Let's just go see and take it one step at a time." Harry states confidently.

We make our way up to the vault, and pricked our fingers on the sharp needle that appeared. The sound of locks clunking sounds, and the doors to the vault swing open. We make our way in.

I hesitantly look around trying to see if I could see any portraits. There are piles of gold, I can see old books, and magical artifacts, just like the other vaults. I saw a sheet that seems to be covering something large, and head over to it, Harry follows me. We stand in front of it hesitantly, Harry moves forward grabbing a hold of the fabric of the sheet and pulls.

There they are right in front of us, our parents.

"Mom. Dad. It's you. You're here." I cry, tears filling my eyes, and leaking down my face.

"Rebecca? Harry? Is that you? Your so big now, you were just little babies when this was done." Mom sniffles. "Why are you crying? What's happened?"

"You... You died mom. You were killed by Voldemort protecting us." I whimper. Harry pulls me close, his eyes shimmering with tears as he holds me.

"We are dead? Oh no! But what about you two did Sirius take you in?" Dad demands to know.

"No. Sirius is in Azkaban, they think he betrayed you, that he was the secret keeper, and told Voldemort where to find you. They haven't given him a trial, but Harry and I are going to get him one. We just need to capture Peter, he was the one who betrayed you, he's a death eater." I explain tearfully.

"Sirius is in AZKABAN! WITHOUT A TRIAL! Betray us! He would never! And Peter that DIRTY RAT! We trusted him. Did you go to Remus then? or Alice and Frank?" Dad explodes, calming down at the end.

"Uh no we didn't, Remus couldn't take us because of the laws restricting werewolves, and Alice and Frank Longbottom got tortured to insanity by the cruciatus curse. We uh... We went to Aunt Petunia and Uncle Vernon's." I whisper hesitantly.

"WHAT?? PETUNIA!! You were never, NEVER! To go to that horrid woman. It was in our will; we wrote everything down in case anything ever happened to us. Everything was explained in it, the secret keeper, who you were to go to in order of availability, who was getting what valuables and monetary wise. Why wasn't it followed? Was it not read?" Mum shouts, fuming with rage.

"I haven't heard of any wills. We will follow it up with Griphook, our account manager." I murmur, frowning. They had written wills?

"Did they hurt you? Vernon and Petunia? I'll kill them. I don't know how, but I will." Mum suddenly fumes, seemingly realising something.

Harry and I look at each other not wanting to answer, but knowing that not answering would make it worse. I nod at Harry, and let him do the talking.

"They hurt us. It was bad, we are getting treatment now, but it could take months of nutrition potion to get us to where we should be. There are going to be some scars that are too deep to get rid of completely, but they will fade. As for our mental health we will work on that as time passes and try and get past what has happened, but I doubt it will be easy. We will get better, we have people who will ensure it, but it will take time." Harry explains gravely.