Welcome Back to my Channel

"Hello ARMY! Welcome back to my channel! Today I'm going to react to 'Fake Love.' I'm really excited about this one. You guys have commented so many times requesting this song. So here we go." 

I'm staring at my camera and trying to keep my emotions in check. I was so excited to watch this video and record my reaction to it. BTS always blew me away with the heavy lyrics, stunning visuals and the overall love they put into everything they do. 

Being a relatively new Youtuber, I only had a few thousand subscribers. I wasn't really doing this for the fame honestly. I wanted to connect with ARMY and make friends near me. I was a very introverted person, going outside terrified me. I was perfectly happy staying inside with my own company.

Clicking play on the video and I stare the screen, holding my breath. The first member to start singing is V. He starts off the song with his velvety deep, soulful voice.

"Oh wow, V's voice is amazing." 

The members take a few steps, separating and freezing in their positions. Their black silhouettes standing out in front of this bright white, beautiful picture of a sculpture. "The sculpture in the background is incredible!" 

I continue to be awe-struck with the masterpiece that's unfolding in front of my eyes. My heart is racing. "I grew a flower that can't be bloomed in a dream that can't come true. That's a very sad line, I feel that." 

Sucking in a sharp breath of air as the chorus explodes in my ears. The song is extremely catchy but has such a sadness to it. My eyes follow Jungkook through the video, I try my best not to play favorites, but the man is so captivating. 

After the video is finished, I pause on the black screen and turn my attention towards the camera. "Okay guys, this might be my new favorite song. I know I say that every single time I react to a new song, but I mean it. We've all experienced fake love before, I know I have. A lot of my friendships have had their share of fake love. In a world like today, when everything is displayed on social media, it's hard to realize what's real and what isn't. Thanks for tuning in guys, I'll see you tomorrow. Borahae!" I make a heart over my head and end the recording. 

Editing takes hours upon hours

Editing takes hours upon hours. I'm such a perfectionist that I make sure to delete every weird face I make as well as edit out awkward pauses. Making reaction videos only takes up ten percent of my time, what takes up the other ninety is the editing process. 

I would spend countless hours editing, I'd be so focused on the process that sometimes I would forget to eat whole meals. When you're passionate about something you put your all into it. Without a second thought, that's how I was. 

"Ugh, why is your mouth hung open?!" I was yelling as myself as I edited the video. It looked like I was about to drool during the breakdown of the song. Where Jungkook enters this big room with a waterfall in the background.

"You're not even blinking you idiot!" I talked to myself a lot during my editing. Most of the conversations with myself consisted of me badgering myself or asking rhetorical questions. "Why did you have to pause right on Jungkook's abs! Why are you like this?!" I'm an idiot, I knew that. I didn't want to appear thirsty; I wasn't. But he was a beautiful man.

Saving my current progress, I exit out of the editing software and lean back against my chair. An exasperated sigh leaves my mouth. My phone dings, notifying me of a new message. I looked at the notification and it appears someone has messaged me on Youtube. This happened quite a bit. It was usually subscribers who would suggest that I react to certain songs. 

But this name I didn't recognize, it wasn't one of the normal group of people that would do that. I opened the message and read it, and became confused as I did.

[RealGoldMaknae: I've been watching all of your videos, I really love your reactions, they are so raw. They make me feel so much better about my work and performances. Please keep it up!]

I stare at the message, thoughts racing through my head like they were competing for a gold medal. "They make me feel so much better about my work and performances." I read the line out loud. What a cruel prank this was. Pretending to be Jungkook and talk to me was so rude and so below me. I knew this wasn't real, I'm no idiot. I'd be truly delusional if I believed this could be a real possibility.

[BTSismybias: HA! Nice try, thanks for watching my videos though. You shouldn't pretend to be someone you're not, HYBE might sue your ass.]

I laughed wildly after I sent the message back. What kind of fool did this person take me for? I'm no idiot. I knew this kind of thing happened on the internet, but it hadn't happened to me yet. But there's a first time for everything. My phone dinged again, and I saw that person replied again. What a pain in my butt. 

[RealGoldMaknae: I'm not pretending.]

HA! A fake would say that. I deleted the message and stood up, stretching. I needed some food. 

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Slow start to this book. Jk physically appears in Chapter 5

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~