Chapter 125

Your POV
I was doing my best to hold my tears in as I walked away from Giyu.

Do they both think that? Is that why he had a hard time talking to me today?

God...

"(Y/n), is everything okay?" Mitsuri asked worried.

Dammit Mitsuri...

Hearing her voice ask those words unfortunately made the tears flow put steadily.

"Let's...let's go please..." I whispered as she placed her hands on my shoulders.

A frown was placed on her gentle features as she pulled me into a tight hug.

"We can talk about it later if you want to, for now just focus on yourself. And let's have fun together with this spa night." Mitsuri smiled.

She made me feel a little better, her smile always seems to cheer me up in the worst times. I was thankful for her being my best friend.

Mitsuri linked her arm with mine and pulled me to the train station. We had to make one stop to get food and snacks before we head to her place.

"Iguro isn't going to be there, right?" I asked.

"Oh no, he's spending the night with his friends. Sanemi and Tengen." Mitsuri said while pulling me onto the train.

"Great, so it'll be just us then?"

"Yup!"

.     .     .

We hopped off the train and walked to the convenience store close to her apartment. It's been awhile since I've been to her place, and I was excited.

We grabbed all of our favourite snacks, and personally I felt like eating ice cream...so I bought some.

And now we were on the way to her apartment. We made light conversation and Mitsuri was doing her best to make me laugh.

It was really nice being with her tonight. I needed this. Badly.

She opened the door, and I was met with a warm vanilla sugar scent. The scent made me remember the times when I would sleepover days on end.

I smiled at the memories we had together. There were so many and the very first memory I have of this place was when I was first kicked out.

The first night I spent in Tokyo.

Memory

Why did my parents have to kick me out like that? Why couldn't they understand?

All of these thoughts ran about my head as I rode the train to who knows where.

I got off once I felt I was far enough. I followed the flow of people and realised I was in the biggest city I know.

Tokyo.

There are plenty of places to work here.

Maybe there was a place for me. I began walking around the city, marveling at the size of the buildings, walking under the cherry blossoms.

It was all so surreal, and it would've been a lot of fun had I not kept reminding myself that I don't have a shelter, or a job.

I need to start looking around for work.

The first place I went to required a degree from uni. Even though I pleaded and said I'd work hard regardless, they didn't accept me.