CHAPTER 9. A Form Of Torture

Oh my god-

My wrists were suddenly pulled back behind me, resting on the mattress behind me. My back was forced to arch as Cross loomed over me, face twisted in anger.

"C-Cross, let go," I said weakly, heart pounding in my chest, eyes wide and staring into his. I felt my breath catch when his hands tightened, and I knew I would have bruises after this.

"You're so frustrating," Cross spat and searched my eyes as I stared at him, rather stunned at my own reaction to his sudden closeness.

"Yeah well, you're no walk in the park," I said, sarcasm being the fuel to the already burning fire.

I turned my head to the side, not wanting to see the rage directed towards me, my hair shifting to the side. I froze, unable to breathe as I felt sharp teeth touch my bared neck.

I trembled - in anticipation.

I lived with five vampires, but I had only been bitten once, by Lion, when I was thirteen. And dear Lord - it felt so damn good.

I closed my eyes tightly, now breathing harder for a completely different reason. It was so wrong, he was supposed to be family to me, but I couldn't help but tilt my head more - just wanting him to exert his dominance over me.

After what felt like eternity, his tongue teasing over the vein in my throat, he sank his fangs into my throat, pushing me up further on the bed in one smooth motion.

I gasped in delight as he realised my hands, and gripped his hair, pulled his head closer. A cry left my lips, arousal sudden and overwhelming.

I shifted my hips, eager to feel something, but Cross placed a hand on my lower stomach, forcing me down into the mattress, his other hand grabbing my hair painfully.

It was so frustrating, as I shifted on the bed, a low and soft please leaving my mouth as he helped himself to my blood.

My cheeks burned, teeth sinking into my bottom lip, wanting him to just destroy me. Call me needy, but in that moment I just wanted his hands on my body.

I wanted-

Cross pulled back and tore himself away from me, blood on his lips. I sat up and looked at him with hooded eyes.

"Cross," I called his name in a soft throaty voice, and in mere seconds he was gone, leaving me alone in his room.

I shifted and blushed, looking down between my legs, not recalling the last time I was so turned on. I touched my thigh and whimpered, deciding I had better go to my room, to avoid touching myself in his.

When I made it to my room I closed and locked the door, falling onto my mattress face first. I resisted the urge to finish what Cross had started, probably unintentionally, and closed my eyes, trying to calm down.

"Damn," I blurted and slapped a hand over my eyes. "What the hell,"

***

  I was so happy the next morning, realizing it was Saturday, the weekend had finally come! I skipped down the stairs and frowned hearing familiar but new laughter.

I walked into the dining room and froze. Kayla Smith, the woman who had helped River with me when I first came to live here.

She was nice, but had left when I was eight, which I blamed on my bad behavior.

"Raven! Oh my gosh, look at you!" The pretty redhead pulled me into a hug and I looked at River, who was sitting in a chair.

"What's Kayla doing here?" I asked and was startled when River ignored my question and instead spoke to Kayla.

"Did you want to go to the store before or after lunch?"

Kayla glanced at me before pulling back and answering River. "After is fine," she responded and sent me a bright smile.

I hesitated and looked at Fin as he walked out of the kitchen and moved to walk past me.

"Fin-" I called his name and felt my heart drop in my chest when he simply moved out of the room. I felt an odd chill run down my spine.

Are they... ignoring me? I felt myself tremble and shook my head.

"River, can I -"

"Kayla, did you want me to show you your room?" River asked and stood from where he was sitting. I felt myself pale and look at Kayla, who sent me a look of sympathy.

He can hear me whispering in my room from down the hall, there's no way he didn't hear me. I wasn't sure why, but I felt a sudden jolt of fear. They're ignoring me,

I felt my heart start to race, and I glanced at a side table with a glass jar. To test the waters, I walked over, and knocked it over out right. Not even pretending to do it on accident.

River glanced over but made no comment, and even walked away. Kayla gasped. "Be careful, Raven you'll cut yourself!" She told me when I bent down to pick up the shards.

I shrugged her hand off my shoulder, not caring of I cut myself. "It's fine..." I gathered the big pieces and stared at them blankly.

I knew why they were doing it, to show me how I treated them. It didn't mean I wasn't oddly shaken by the sudden behavior.

After cleaning up my mess, I made my way to my room, and pulled out my phone, sending Faith a quick text, to distract myself.

Then, I left my room, deciding maybe following the rules given yesterday would make them stop ignoring me faster. They didn't want me to hide in my room, fine.

I sat in the living room and felt my hands shake harder every time I attempted to speak, and got ignored like I didn't even exist.

"Raven, come here, we're eating lunch," Kayla grabbed my hand and pulled me to the dining room. I sat down and looked down at the plate of food Kayla had made for me.

"So, how's the new job?" Dune asked Kayla, and I felt a jolt of pain my in chest as they all talked back and forth, like they were some happy family.

I pushed my food around, unable to eat due to the anxiety and war seeming to rage in my stomach. "Raven, won't you eat?" Worry filled Kayla's voice, and I shook my head, unable to even speak.

Kayla shot River a look, which he ignored.

They always make sure I eat, even when I'm not hungry. I thought blankly and stared at the salad on the dish.

I wanted to throw it, scream, but it would make them hate me more. I stood suddenly, and Kayla frowned as I speedily left the dining room.

I ran into my room and stumbled into the bathroom, leaning over the toilet and losing my dinner from yesterday.

As I finished I wiped my sweaty face, the simple ignoring affecting more than anything else they could have decided to do.

I washed my mouth out and walked back down the stairs, sitting back down at the table. "Are you okay?" Kayla asked softly.

I smiled, or tried to. "I just needed to pee-"

"Kayla, did you say you got a new puppy?" Cross suddenly asked, and I dug my nails into my palms.

Why Kayla?

How do I make it stop?

I'm sorry, please stop,

I took a deep shuddering breath. Surely, tomorrow, they would talk to me again.