5

I’m the Stingy Boss;

The driver thought he was joking, laughed awkwardly and played a love song randomly.

“Sweet honey, you smile sweetly…”

Zhou Nan thought of his 20 years of single life. He felt more aggrieved and cried out loud.

So all the way Chen Ming listened to Zhou Nan’s wail. If there wasn’t the stranger next to him, he’d really like to take that wretch away with a spell.

Before getting out of the car, the driver turned to ask Chen Ming, “One hundred and nineteen yuan, how would you

like to pay?”

When Zhou Nan saw the exaggerated smile on Chen Ming’s calm face , he was too scared to cry.

As Chen Ming groped in the bag, he said with a fawning look, “Oh, brother, you just got a new family member, right? See, I have a few spells here that will keep you safe and auspicious. You might as well spare the nineteen.” He pulled out a small red packet with a green

bead tied to it.

The driver’s face fell , “No bargain . I don’t believe in those superstitions.”

Chen Ming came closer, and the smile turned sinister, “If you don’t accept my kind advice, trouble will befall you. Don’t complain that I didn’t remind you of anything if you meet something dirty. Let me tell you, the price for this is at least sixty-six.”

It’s too ghastly to hear this at night. The driver opened the door with agitation, dragged Chen Ming out and shouted, “What ominous things are you talking about? If you don’t pay, I’ll call the police.”

“Alas, no.” There was still a body in the car. If the police came, he would be in trouble, “I’ll pay, OK?”

Chen Ming took out a few notes from his small wallet and paid the fee. He dragged out Zhou Nan’ body and threw it on the ground, sighed deeply and muttered, “Don’t blame me for not reminding you…”

Zhou Nan looked around cautiously and saw no one. He whispered, “How did you know they had a baby? You know fortune-telling?

“I’m not that good,” he patted the dirt on this coat that was smudged when he was dragged out of the car. “There’s a small photo of his son in front of the driver’s seat.”

Only then did Zhou Nan understand all this. If Chen Ming didn’t say anything, he wouldn’t even notice that. He thought about it and asked, “You lied to him about the dirty thing?”

Chen Ming glared at him and Zhou Nan knew at once that he said something wrong again.

“I’ll say it for the last time,” Chen Ming solemnly emphasized, “I’m not a fraud. I won’t do anything that Landao did!”

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry..” Zhou Nan apologized but was still curious, “What is that dirty thing?”

Chen Ming tugged Zhou Nan’s arm and dragged the body to the back door of the florist, “There is a black abscess on his neck.”

“Shouldn’t he see a doctor then? Maybe it’s inflammation.”

Chen Ming rolled his eyes and said with disdain, “Believe it or not.”

Zhou Nan stopped asking and fell into silence.

Chen Ming took out the door key and inserted it into the key hole, then rotated and opened it. Zhou Nan followed him and flew into the room. He found that there were complicated patterns on the wall and the floor, which gave him a sense of suffocation. He then stopped: “You made the store look like this, didn’t your boss scold you?”

“Oh, excuse me,” Chen Ming kicked a large box out from the bottom of the bed and put Zhou Nan’s body in, “There is no employee in this florist. I am the stingy boss.”

I am the stingy boss.

This sentence echoed in Zhou Nan’s mind for a long time.

‘Shit! I’ve said he’s stingy so many times, he must hate me to the core.’

“Sorry, sorry!” These were what Zhou Nan said most today, “I… I didn’t mean it!”

“Shut up.” It was hard to tell whether Chen Ming was angry or not, since he had always been sullen.

Zhou Nan was obedient. His face flushed and he didn’t say anything.

Chen Ming put down the corpse from his back and carefully let the body lie flat in the box, hands on both sides.

Zhou Nan felt very uncomfortable looking down at his lifeless body.

Chen Ming got up, threw the backpack randomly, and crouched by the bedside table looking for something. He would throw out strange things from time to time. After a while, he found what he wanted. He took a small plate of dark paste in one hand and returned to the body. Something else was in the other hand.

Zhou Nan tilted his head to carefully observe it, and noticed it was a bead with bright green light illuminating a small area around it. He didn’t interrupt and looked quietly.

Chen Ming pinched the cheeks of the corpse to make it open the mouth. Then he raised his hand and stuffed the bead in. The bead seemed big, but when the mouth was closed, one could hardly tell something was within.

It was so fit as if specially made for this purpose.

Then, Chen Ming leaned and unbuttoned Zhou Nan’s shirt.

Watching his own body naked in the air, Zhou Nan was a little agitated. He floated around quietly, observing the expression of Chen Ming. It was still a cold face, as if the cold body under his hands was just a plastic sculpture.

Chen Ming rolled up his sleeves, dipped in the paste, and pondered for a moment before touching Zhou Nan’s throat. He drew a character-like pattern slowly and whispered something. By the end of the drawing in the lower abdomen, he had just finished the last word.

Before Chen Ming started drawing, Zhou Nan recalled the fierce ghost surrounded by flames, thinking that he was going to burn himself on the spot.

But nothing happened.

Chen Ming stood up. His legs were numb and he staggered.

Zhou Nan couldn’t help asking: “What’s this for?”

“Antiseptic,” Chen Ming pinched the muscles to activate blood, and the tingling was very annoying, “I don’t like the smell of the rotting meat here, and it also attracts flies.”

“But… I’m already dead. It doesn’t make sense.”

“Not necessarily.” He looked too serious to be joking, “I have to ask someone about the specific situation, he’ll come tomorrow night. If you keep your body, I might even let your corpse come to life.”

Zhou Nan never thought that the phrase “corpse comes to life” could be used to describe such a wonderful thing.

In other words, resurrection.

Inexplicably, he was quite excited about this. He wanted to cheer and scream.

But Chen Ming didn’t give him the chance.

He closed the lid and kicked the big box back, “I’m going to sleep now. If you wake me up, you will be dead.”