prologue

ariana grande was the pop princess, the daughter of hollywood. she's described as a sweetheart-the kindest girl you'd ever meet. her smile wooed millions and her looks had boys at her feet.

but while the cameras are away, most would consider ariana to be a bitch. she complained if her coffee wasn't done right or her hair wasn't the way she wanted it to be. she yelled at her assistants if they did even the tiniest thing. she dissed music that wasn't like hers and dissed clothes that she wouldn't wear.

y/n, on the other hand, was considered to be the exact opposite of the girl. she loved practically anyone and was nice to everyone she had ever met (unless they had given her a reason not to be). the public loved her because of how sweet she was, and there was never a negative thing said about her.

y/n knew of ariana, well, who didn't? they were in the same industry and ariana was one of the most famous girls around, so how couldn't she know? she had heard of the negative things said about the pop star but she didn't label her as a rude or bad person, only because she had never met her before.

on the other side, ariana knew of y/n, too. she had heard her music-and she hated it. it didn't sound like hers at all, and most of the songs were upsetting to her. she knew people loved her and thought she was the sweetest person alive, but ariana couldn't disagree more. she had never even met her, but the way people talked about her, she had just seemed too nice.

her opinion of y/n only worsened when she was informed that they would be writing a song together.

--

feeling #excited