64. Impenetrable walls

What would she do in Felice place?

What would she do if her brother went missing?

The answer was everything. She would do everything in her power to find him. And no matter how much she wanted to believe that there was no debt between her and Anastasio it wasn't true. He saved her life. Twice. What if she got him in trouble?

Sofia woke up in the morning with a mood so horrible that she decided she psychically can't get out of bed.

"Fia, why aren't you getting ready for school?" Francesco asked quietly after entering her room.

She muttered something unintelligible.

"Are you sick? It doesn't feel like you have a fever" Francesco said while checking her temperature with a palm of his hand. 

"No, I'm just in a bad mood" she muttered, knowing it sounds lame. 

"Why? Is someone bothering you at school?" Francesco asked, instantly concerned. 

"No. I just need to stay at home today" She mumbled and covered her head under the bedsheets so he won't see her.

"Baby, what's going on?" He asked and she instantly started tearing out.

"Go away" she yelled frustrated. She didn't want to be seen like this, she didn't want to be consoled. She wanted to be alone.

"Sofia"

"Leave!" Now she really yelled. Loudly. Gosh. She hated herself for acting like this. Things were not good, things were terrible in fact. Mainly because Sofia's major trust issues came back like a wrecking ball.

She couldn't let anyone see her pain, she couldn't open up because of her major fear of getting hurt when she felt most vulnerable. Now she just wanted to hide from the world, build walls that no one can pass through. So no one can hurt her.

"You can stay home today," Francesco said quietly, leaving just like she wished. She felt horrible for yelling at him. "But you have to eat breakfast. I will ask Clara do remember about that, okay?"

Sofia nodded silently.

That response satisfied Francesco enough because despite feeling worried he left her room. He knew she needed some time to calm down. 

***

Today, the house was empty. After a few hours of lying in bed, she got up to get a glass of water and to stretch her legs. 

She was still in her pajamas when the bell ring made her jump in fear. She opened the door just to be greeted by delivery men with a huge package entering her hallway. Security staff members were all watching them like hawks. 

"Sign here please," the delivery man said and Sofia nodded and did as they asked. With surprise, she noted that she was the intended recipient of this package, not one of her brothers. Someone send it to her. The man also handed her a letter. 

"Do you need help with installing it?" He asked, referring to the package. 

She shook her head slowly in denial.

"N-no need, thank you,"

She didn't know if she wants to instal anything yet.

The moment they left Sofia tried to open the letter but someone grabbed her shoulder gently in the indication to stop. It was Raul. 

"I will open it for you"

"Why?" Sofia asked. 

"To see if it's safe"