Chapter 59: Because of Me

Chapter 59

Because of Me

My legs were moved. I opened my eyes to see Titus sit down and place them across his lap. He was in human form and wear sweat pants. New bandages covered his wounds.

“How’s your head?”

I shrugged. “Fine, you’re the one I’m worried about.”

“Aden,” he groaned, grabbed my arms and pulling me up. He squeezed me tightly against his chest. “I’m going to be alright. I heal fast.”

“Someone tried to kill you,” I muttered. “They hunted you down like an animal. It’s disgusting.”

He kissed my cheek. “Don’t worry about me.” Titus scanned the area, before peeling up some the bandage. “See.”

The skin had pulled back together but was still heavily bruised. A bright red scar ran along the place the bullet had entered.

Titus smoothed out the bandage. “I’m going to heal up and be perfectly fine. My dad will handle the rest. This isn’t going to happen again.”

Taking in a deep breath, I exhaled slowly. “Okay.”

“That does sound convincing.” He quickly placed a kiss on my lips.

“Because I’m not convinced,” I replied. “But, I’m going to trust you. You are werewolves.”

He hugged me and grabbed the blanket off the back of the couch. Placing it over us, we settled in and enjoyed each other’s company.

***

Chris walked into the classroom, and I wish it had been a two week suspension. I wasn’t ready to deal with him yet. He was ignoring me though, and I planned to do the same.

When the lecture started, I blocked out the other side of the room and scribbled down overly detailed notes. Finals for the trimester were coming up, and I wasn’t going to fall behind and be sent back to tutoring.

The teacher assigned us the questions at the end of the chapter and returned to his desk. Everyone started pairing off to work together, while I secluded myself and started doing on it alone.

“A few more months,” I breathed. Then I’d be free from this place for good.

The bell rang, and I gathered my thing. After shoving them into my bookbag, I headed for the door.

“Still wearing that piece of garbage.”

I glanced back, unsure if that was meant for me.

Chris was looking directly at me. His eyes flicked down to my ring.

“Yeah,” I replied with a shrug. “I’m still going to marry Titus.” I quickly left the room and hurried to my locker.

Katy was leaning up against the wall nearby as her friend applied chapstick using the mirror in her locker.

“All he wants to do is go shooting,” she exclaimed, waving her hand through the air. “I’m so tired of being dragged to the mountains and pretending I actually like it.”

I took my government book out of my bag and slowly put it away.

“I don’t even care guns, and they leave nasty bruises on your shoulders.”

“They’re also loud too,” added her friend.

“I know,” she breathed. “I want to go on a proper date. Hell, I’d do a movie night at his house, but no, Chris wants to go to the gun range or go shoot skeet. I’m tired of it. I want to do something fun for once.”