Chapter 34

"Welcome back, Young Miss," maids greeted them as they entered Irene's home, Alice's eyes sparkled while walking through the front entrance.

They were greeted by flower petals that were blowing around them, beautiful white cherry blossoms, it was quite a sight.

Irene feels quite proud about her home, they continue walking through the yard, suddenly Sofia came running at them.

Sofia ran towards Irene and crashed into her as Irene stumbled back sitting on the ground laughing. "Alice, this is my dog Sofia," Irene introduced her dog with a soft and caring voice.

"Aw, how cute!" Alice said bending down greeting it.

"So this is what the princess gave you..." Lucas suddenly decided to open his mouth, Irene felt her anger rising up whenever that bug talked.

"Oh, Irene is close to the princess?" Alice asked, Irene, looked at her, "Yeah, I met her when I was younger we often exchange letters to one and another..." Irene stopped talking as she realized Alice looked weird.

Her atmosphere seems not as warm as usual.

"Is something wrong Alice?" Irene got up patting her dress as Sofia was beside her wagging her tail. Alice slowly got up and smiled, "I thought I was your only friend, I'm jealous," Alice whined.

Irene was taken by surprise and laughed, "I have more than one friend," Irene smiled. However, Irene did find the behavior uncomfortable and weird.

"Feels like we are forgotten," Trevor spoke, Irene smiled, you weren't even supposed to be here anyway!

"Mhm, let them do them, I don't even know why I am here," Robert sighed, Irene wanted to smack him the shit out of all of them.

"Wouldn't it been interesting what's she lives like here by herself!" Lucas laughed.

Irene tightened her fist.

She then punched Lucas in the face...in her head. "Uh Young Miss, I didn't really want to bother but you, but I need you to check out these documents," the butler spoke.

"It's fine, Alice you can check out the front yard while I am busy," Irene said, as Alice nodded her head eagerly. Irene felt reassured and went back to the butler as they discuss for a while.

These documents were about the household, Irene's allowance also goes to pay for everything here, the cost and responsibility of this mansion. She pays her workers, the food supplies, everything here she bought with herself.

It was first managed by Elle however as Irene got older, she will often tell Elle, that she can do this too.

Irene sighed, and "Confirm it, also I heard some of the workers' contracts are ending, ask if they want to renew, if they do get their paychecks ready and prepared," Irene ordered, "Yes ma'am," the butler responded.

"Okay, Alice I am done, let's get inside..." Irene said turning around just to see Alice and laughing with the sons of the Grand Duke.

Irene had a sense of deja vu, Irene smiled, this is the effect of the main character, she couldn't care less.

The white-haired walked up to Alice and tapped her on the shoulder, "Alice, I am finished, let me give you a house tour," Irene said with a bright smile. Alice was excited, "Oh, I look forward to seeing that, and Irene you are so lucky to have siblings," she spoke while smiling.

Irene's movements paused and the boys looked at the innocent girl awkwardly, "It seems like I was blessed to you then, and we don't go by the name siblings here," Irene said coldly, which shook Alice.

"Oh, oh I apologize if I offended you in some sort of way," Alice said all flustered. Irene looked at the nervous girl, was Alice always like this, she asked herself.

"Oh you didn't offend me, we never went by the terms of family nor siblings here," Irene decided to drop the bomb, "You can have them," she said smiling as she was basically giving away the boys.

Robert tsked, "Do you think we are here for your enjoyment?" Trevor asked annoyed, Lucas was oddly quiet.

"No, but actually you came here for your enjoyment," Irene gritted her teeth as she stared at them coldly.

"Alright alright, let's continue the house tour," Lucas said friendly and smiling.

"Fine by me," Irene said walking forward.

Leaving the other 4 to just stare at her back.

The heated situation died down instantly as they walked into Irene's home.

"Wow, Irene the décor here is so beautiful," Alice's eyes shined.

The sons were quiet, seems like this style reminded them about something, especially Robert, he was feeling weird.

I have an odd feeling, I feel like mother is present, Robert thoughts were all over the place, and stared at the child who started it.

She was just an exact copy of mother.

"Hey, you alright?" Lucas asked Robert since he has been spacing out, "Oh yeah, I am well," Robert straightened himself. Trevor looked at the two, he didn't understand what was going on with them.

Trevor was young when Irene's mother died, had small fragments of memories of her.

Both Robert and Lucas are acting weird once we stepped into this ghost town of a home, Trevor thought as he looked around the house.

It's chilly like that child's glance, Trevor looked over to Irene.

Irene felt her back burning, by those glances, something is wrong with them, can they stop?

Irene looked back to see what was going on while Alice seemed to be distracted. Irene made eye contact with Ralph and the others that were present this entire time. Ralph shrugged and Mal shook her head.

They both didn't know what was going on with them either.

"Welcome to my home," Irene said awkwardly inviting them into the living room. Trying her best to make the weird glances stop.

They sat down for a while taking a break, drinking tea, and enjoying the food brought out. After having a small chat, by that, it was just Alice talking as the rest respond.

Irene continued the tour afterward.

"And lastly, the library," Irene entered into a big room, the room smelled like old pages and oak. "So this is the famous library," Lucas said entering the room, "Wow, did you read all of these books?" Alice said impressed.

"Sure, you can say that," Irene said feeling proud of herself.

"Oh your so lucky, your so smart and gifted," Alice said.

Irene froze, it was happening again.

The aura around Alice.

This time Irene finally figures it out.

Is it...?

It can't be...

Alice was jealous. She was always like this in the novel.

Jealousy...!

~Author's Note~

Looks like this chapter revealed something. My anger issues could not while writing this!!! Enjoy this short chapter, that I whipped out in 1 hour. I forgot today was a Friday oops.

- ANMU